What's your new role about?
Are you a skilled sub-editor with a passion for sports? Want to help change sports content forever? DAZN may be the place for you!
Be part of a sports revolution by joining us at DAZN. We are changing how people watch sports by cutting the TV cord and going straight to you on any device, at any time.
The Content Editor will join our platform editorial team, which publishes all content and lays out the app which our subscribers see across the UK, US, Canada and over 200 global markets.
This key role carries responsibility for writing headlines, editing descriptions and selecting imagery for all of our live games/fights and non-live content, as well as editorially maintaining the layout of the app.
This role is based in Leeds, with a combination of in-office and remote working.
Benefits will depend on your location but will include access to DAZN, an annual performance related bonus, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Platform Editor, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Engage a boxing audience worldwide, plus a soccer and NFL audience in Canada, by editorially merchandising content on the DAZN app
- Sub-edit content descriptions and write attractive headlines in English
- Write content descriptions and attractive headlines in Spanish
- Take responsibility for the editorial and look of DAZN’s US-Spanish platform
- Deliver content to subscribers by maintaining the DAZN app with a stacked schedule, plus highlights and replays
- Contribute and execute ideas for the layout of the DAZN app
- Organise shifts and workloads of junior staff members during matchdays/fight nights
You’ll be set up for success if:
- You are a very strong sub-editor in both English and Spanish. You have experience picking out errors in spelling and grammar. Nothing escapes your eye
- You can watch an interview and pick out the killer headline every time. You know what lines sports fans will click on
- You have a passion for football and/or boxing
- You have extremely strong attention to detail
- You have experience working in a fast-paced environment
Even better if you have:
- An interest in NFL
- A knowledge of the OTT/sports broadcasting landscape
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.