What's your new role about?
Here at DAZN we broadcast hundreds of live sporting events each week, around the clock, and require scalable, reliable, solutions that form the backbone of our platform.
We have an exciting Business Analyst opportunity within DOTS here at DAZN.
Specifically, this role is within our Operational Tools and Systems team (DOTS) where you will play a vital role in one of the teams building our editorial tools, media streaming and rights management platforms.
We’re now mostly a remote team, with only occasional office visits (post-covid) so we can get together, socialise, and meet other people in the flesh.
As a Business Analyst in the DAZN Operational Tools and Systems (DOTS) product team, you will be involved in the definition and then continuous development of the next generation of systems responsible for all aspects of the content that users see on the platform, from content metadata to imagery and translations, that will allow the company to rapidly scale and grow.
You will collaborate with teams across product, design, operations, finance, marketing, commercial and the executive team to help define a product roadmap and deliver it with internal and external development teams.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team-oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. They will have a proven track record in delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
This role can be based in Leeds. The internal job title is Business Analyst 3540.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family-friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, the opportunity for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Business Analyst, you’ll have the opportunity to:
· Work with DAZN Operating Tools and Systems (DOTS) Senior Product Manager (Core), Product Directors, Engineering team(s), other Business Analysts and stakeholders to source, detail and deliver high-quality requirements.
· Work with users to elicit requirements and capture process flows.
· Identify and present gaps between the AS-IS and TO-BE states.
· Ability to define metadata into conceptual data models.
· Constantly analyse how we can simplify the current processes and add value to the business objectives.
· Ability to liaise with external suppliers to understand their workflow and integration needs for upcoming changes.
· Driven by personal insight, analytics and metadata trends which are used to inform continuous improvements.
· Contribute to the development of detailed product requirements documents and technical specifications.
· Work closely with other DOTS and DAZN teams to ensure all dependencies and holistic experiences are captured.
· Work closely with Operational Delivery teams to ensure that workflow and process changes are delivered smoothly and in a timely manner.
· Work closely with Product Engineering teams to uncover epics, dependencies, blockers, and further requirements prior to development and continuously refine the product backlog.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
· Strong requirement composition skills including elicitation techniques, documenting, and validating requirements.
· Experienced at writing high-quality user stories and acceptance criteria following INVEST, Gherkin Syntax and BDD formats.
· Ability to story point and refine user stories with Engineering Teams.
· Expert at creating process flows, using case diagrams, data models and other diagrams using UML/BPMN.
· Full project lifecycle experience using agile methodology; familiar with working in iterations, completing sprint planning, daily stand-ups, demos, and sprint retrospectives alongside Scrum Masters.
· Strengths in problem-solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail and ability to multitask.
· Natural facilitator with the ability to lead workshops.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts.
· Active listening and effective verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience at engaging stakeholders.
· Skilled at collaborating with third parties, suppliers and offshore teams.
· Understand the challenges and constraints of launching products in multiple global markets.
· Background in delivering business value; improving user and customer experience and understanding business drivers.
· Pragmatic approach to feature prioritisation and compromises between designs and technical capabilities.
· Proficient at using Jira and Confluence or similar tools.
Proficient at using draw.io
, Visio, Lucid Chart or similar tools.
· Passion for innovation.
Not essential but great if you have:
· Relevant Business Analysis qualification – BCS / IIBA.
· An appreciation for data and how it’s structured would be useful.
· General interest in sport is a real advantage.
· German, Japanese, Spanish or Italian language skill sets are also an advantage.
· Experience with Miro is advantageous too.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.