What's your new role about?
Do you want to help shape one of the most exciting betting and gaming businesses in Japan?
DAZN is the leading global broadcaster of sports over the internet, with a large, loyal and growing customer base. Sports fans love watching their favourite sport at DAZN, and we want to offer them the opportunity to consume other products to enhance their viewing experience. We are exploring (with partner organisations) how DAZN can offer betting and gaming products to our customers.
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to drive the DAZN betting and gaming strategy in Japan, and establishing our key partners in this space. In this role you will have responsibility for driving the commercial strategy for this important business vertical: identifying commercial opportunities, negotiating with key partners and suppliers, and helping to define how DAZN operates in the betting in gaming space in both the short and long term. You will be a self-starter, confident in working with senior colleagues across the DAZN business (both inside Japan and globally). You will think strategically and creatively about how DAZN can generate revenues from betting and gaming, and be proactive in how you execute your plan. You will use your experience from the betting and gaming industry to identify key partners, and have a clear idea on how to approach commercial discussions with them. You will be comfortable negotiating with senior executives from betting organisations, and participating in industry forums and trade associations.
You will be responsible for developing relationships with Betting and Gaming partners in Japan, including negotiating and contracting. You will be working closely with the senior management team in Japan and in the UK, where the global EVP of Betting and Gaming is based. In addition, you will be supported by other functional teams, including legal, product and technology. This is an opportunity to be one of the early members of a team responsible for building out a new business unit within the DAZN organisation.
This role will be based in Tokyo.
As our new Business Development Manager (Betting and Gaming) – Japan, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Formulate and execute the commercial strategy for DAZN in the Betting and Gaming space in Japan.
- Be responsible for identifying and contracting with partners to supply betting and gaming products to DAZN customers.
- Work in a dynamic and fast growth organisation.
- Work in a key business unit within one of the world’s most exciting sports broadcasters.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Experience within a betting or gaming environment.
- A good understanding of the betting and gaming landscape in Japan, including: the key companies in the industry, licensing considerations, macro trends (for example the growth of mobile betting).
- An understanding of potential future regulatory changes that will impact the customer offering.
- A network of contacts within the Japanese betting and gaming sector.
- Great communication and negotiation skills.
- A passion for building one of the biggest sports betting and gaming businesses in Japan.
- Fluency in both Japanese and English.
Even better if you have:
- An understanding of the global betting and gaming landscape and customer behaviours around sports betting.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.