What's your new role about?
As a Senior Broadcast Engineer you will be responsible for all things technology within the Broadcasting space, playing a crucial role in the upkeep of DAZNs B2B and B2C signal flows. Whether you are troubleshooting network errors, Audio/Video presentation issues or managing a major production issue bringing key-stakeholders to the fore to address a fault; the remit of support is ever growing, challenging, but ultimately rewarding. You will quickly find yourself in the thick of things, building your knowledge day by day and you will also have the opportunity to pursue improvements and streamline processes to improve DAZNs services.
Live Engineering Support are strategically positioned as one of three Live-Engineering departments at DAZN. The team are responsible for all things stream acquisition, contribution and distribution, supporting neighbouring Engineering teams in Bangor, Ireland and Leeds. We own, support and manage a host of broadcast technologies and platforms as the ‘subject matter experts’ and play a crucial role in service delivery.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Senior Broadcast Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Support DAZNs global engineering & MCR/PCR Operational Teams in both a projects and troubleshooting capacity
- Support DAZNs B2B and B2C signalling flows
- Manage, upgrade, deploy and support DAZNs business critical broadcast equipment and platforms
- Meticulously troubleshoot, log, document and communicate incidents and problems
- Define and present thorough projects and maintenance plans to DAZN Engineering teams and external stakeholders
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting and documentation skills
- Experience working within the Broadcast Engineering sector
- Prior experience of hands-on server/equipment deployment & support
- Prior experience working with Audio/Video over IP and Baseband
- The ability to think out-side of the box & offer alternative solutions and improvements
Even better if you have:
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services and Cloud-native technologies
- Knowledge of IP Multicasting
- Knowledge of OTT Streaming protocols
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.