What's your new role about?
We are looking for an experienced Full-stack Team Leader who is passionate about building modern, scalable applications, and will take ownership of the full product feature cycle from design to delivery.
The R&D group is building and delivering the enablement platform for the current and next generation of media experiences in the fields of personalization, content interaction, and social interaction, all of which are at the core of DAZN's value proposition.
Key parts of the workflow are ingestion, transcoding of various video and audio live/VOD assets, personalized processing, and distribution across the world to end-users, while allowing collaboration among users, all in real-time. This group is taking full responsibility for providing end-to-end social interaction functionalities on multiple platforms including web, smart TVs, iOS, Android, PlayStation, and Xbox.
As our new Full-stack team leader, you will:
- Collaborate with product managers, UX-/UI-designers, and other software engineers to help deliver compelling user-facing products.
- Lead and coach team members working in various locations and time zones.
- Oversee recruiting, onboarding, and mentoring members of your team.
- Continually improve and innovate software development & deployment to ensure high-quality, on-time releases.
- Deliver maintainable, robust, and testable code.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Previous experience involving managing senior engineers.
- Excellent interpersonal and language skills to facilitate smooth communication.
- A technical background with hands-on experience as a Senior Web developer.
- Track record of successful software deliveries through all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Previous experience working with a complex software system.
- A flexible, focused, and proactive approach.
Even better if you have:
- Experience working with AWS, New Relic, GitHub Actions and Terraform.
- Project management skills as well as an understanding of business impact for various solutions.
- Experience working in startups as well as in established companies.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.