What's your new role about?
We are a global, live sports streaming company with millions of concurrent viewers on the best content rights. Our services need high-availability, high-performance and great resilience/recovery strategies. But we’re not done yet. We need to continue our disrupter journey and continue to create the very best customer experiences.
As the VP Engineering, Growth, you’ll play a crucial role in partnering with the Growth Product team to create world-class experiences. You need to create highly-engaged, high-performing teams; able to iterate, optimise and learn as we develop and refine ideas. You need to empower your teams, allowing them to self-organise, yet be highly-aligned; this is our way to operate at scale. And as a leader you need to deep-dive, technically, into solutions and problems to mentor and coach the teams toward excellence.
Your teams will own the acquisition and retention journeys, including all 3rd party payment integrations, partnership authentications, and user management systems. You’ll need to continue to hire great talent to compliment the already outstanding engineers; continually raising the bar. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we must do. Get ready for the journey.
HERE’S WHAT YOU WILL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE IMPORTANT STUFF!)
- Lead 100+ people across engineering within eCommerce, CRM and partnerships with a focus on great inclusive culture, domain ownership and open learning.
- Fully engage with technical, product and business stakeholders, contributing to the planning process for new features, providing great viable solutions.
- Collaborate with your teams to refine the scope of incoming projects to set and meet expectations on time and quality.
- Own the technical roadmap and services in your area; prioritising and balancing internal projects alongside customer value.
- Setting customer focused direction that continuously delivers results and does not sacrifice long-term service/team health.
- Inspire and nurture team members at all levels to continuously improve our ways of working, our culture and our individual craftsmanship.
YOU’VE GOT TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO DO YOUR JOB WELL…
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant degree/experience
- Experience of leading and delivering successful large scale, high availability, high quality, high performance eCommerce systems and technologies.
- Strong understanding of developing consumer facing, cross-platform applications.
- Proactive and relentless problem solver, particularly when acting as a servant leader for your teams.
- Connect and influence across departments, teams and various level of seniority.
- Scaled Agile and DevOps experience, across a large engineering organisation with distributed teams.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE TOO…
- In-depth knowledge and experience developing live operational metrics
- Practical knowledge of defining and implementing automation.
- Exposure to Machine learning frameworks and techniques.
- Experience of Multi-Variant testing tooling and high-volume processes.
Here's a little more about us…
We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK.
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service.
- DAZN is live in Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the United States.
- In 2020, we will dramatically increase our presence, expanding to more than 200 countries and territories.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs.
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality, diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities.