What's your new role about?
Do you want to be a technology leader in a fast-paced organization that is revolutionizing the world of online sports streaming?
As a Head of Engineering at DAZN, you will drive engineering excellence across the Amsterdam Development Centre. You have solid and developed technical experience, a strong background in leadership and a passion for driving high-performance teams composed by outstanding engineers. Sounds good? Keep reading.
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Engineering to build and grow teams that will deliver and operate live large-scale services that augment our users experience. You will have experience of promoting an environment of freedom, trust, and responsibility, preparing and enabling your teams to excel on LiveOps, promote data driven delivery decisions, and help engineering teams remain aligned with the business in an Agile environment. You won’t have to do this alone! Your team will be there with you every step of the way. You will have full responsibility for your area, you will know when to step in and when to let the team learn from their own mistakes – be a servant leader. You will be a proven Coach and Mentor to other leaders, able to grow each of your team members.
HERE’S WHAT YOU WILL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE IMPORTANT STUFF!)
- Manage a growing Engineering Development Centre, with focus on culture and engineering excellence
- Own technical roadmap and services in collaboration with stakeholders on priorities and direction of your area
- Making delivery focused decisions to ensure your area meets the commitments
- Support growth and development of the Engineering Leadership Team,
- Managing performance of teams and individuals reporting to you
- Collaborate closely with senior stakeholders in Product organization
- Championing community-based discussions
- Build a strong team with a capable leadership through effective hiring, on-boarding, retention, and continuous improvement
- Work with other Heads of Engineering to deliver cross centre initiatives and delivery
YOU’VE GOT TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO DO YOUR JOB WELL…
- Experience managing Engineering departments 150+
- Background in Software Engineering and good understanding of technical environments
- Experience working in large engineering organization, with co-located teams around the world
- Experience influencing across departments and teams, at various seniority levels, building consensus without authority
- Demonstrable experience of growing and motivating team members
- Ability to prioritize under pressure in a range of situations
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to handle conflict effectively
- An innovative, flexible, calm and proactive approach
- Communicating to C Level Execs
- Experience with managing budgets
- Experience of release level planning
- Experience on resource allocation
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE TOO…
- Knowledge of partnership integrations on the likes of Telcos and Media companies
- Experience working on growth function of subscription services domain of an online media service
Here's a little more about us…
We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK.
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service.
- DAZN is live in Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the United States.
- In 2020, we will dramatically increase our presence, expanding to more than 200 countries and territories.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs.
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality, diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities.