What's your new role about?
Do you want to contribute to delivering a high-quality product that is used by millions of users daily? Keep reading.
With the rapid growth of our platform and increase in the number of supported markets we need to automate more and more aspects of our work - this is being done by our development teams. At the same time, we need to provide them with the best-in-class tools for them to be effective daily. To achieve that we are extending TestOps team, built of experts in both Software Engineering and Software in Test Engineering.
You will maintain&develop Test Automation Framework for Tvs, Smart Tvs, game consoles, and anything that connects to a TV that can stream the video like Fire TV.
You will maintain&develop TVLab in DAZN Katowice Office which enables engineers to test and develop an application without being anywhere near them, they could be in different countries, building all being managed remotely.
You will maintain&develop Virtual Remote which enables engineers to control devices remotely, be able to see what’s going on on that device screen, and in the future be able to do automated image recognition.
If you are passionate about technology and want an opportunity to use your creativity to help grow and scale this ambitious project, come and join DAZN as a Software Engineer in our TestOps team!
TestOps team has currently 5 software engineers and 1 software engineer in the test.
The team faces many challenges, but at the same time has many opportunities for self-development. Remote work is possible in this case, but not in 100%. Team members try to be in the office quite often, as this is where most of their work is concentrated. If you are tired of working from home and would like to work more often in the office, come and join us.
This role can be based in Katowice or you can work partially remotely from anywhere in Poland.
As our new Software Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Develop and deliver new ground-breaking tooling around existing automation as well as new tools supporting testing on Living Room Devices in our Agile Teams
- Develop hardware-based solutions designed for specific OTT platforms
- Maintain scalability and availability of the introduced solutions
- Deliver high quality, robust and testable code adhering to internal engineering procedures, code conventions, and development methodologies
- Contribute to comprehensive documentation that supports the development and support life-cycles
- Continually improve software deployment to ensure iterative releases and rapid deployment of updates
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Experience as a full-stack developer with any back-end programming language
- Ability to solve problems in which there is little to no documentation and the work consists of continuous testing
- Track record of successful software delivery through all phases of development, code reviews, testing, and operations
- Experience operating in the DevOps model - "Build it, own it, run it"
- Intermediate English
Even better if you have:
- Experience with AWS and its services
- Familiarity working with CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of RaspberryPI and UNIX based systems, preferably in managing the platform
Benefits will include:
- Access to DAZN
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Annual leave increasing by 3 days after 3 years
- Private medical and dental insurance (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- MyBenefit platform (MultiSport and thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Family-friendly community
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind)
- Learning and development resources
- Access to our internal speaker series and events
- High-end laptops (Macs or Windows)
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.