What's your new role about?
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans. Our new Hyderabad tech hub will be the engine that drives us forward to the future. We’re pushing boundaries and doing things no-one has done before.
As a Cloud PL/SQL Developer/DBA at DAZN you will work within the Data Ops department and assist with the security, integrity, performance, availability and recoverability of databases, servers, and related systems. You’ll have the opportunity to be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as taking ownership of troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
DAZN are pioneering a live and on demand streaming platform that is transforming the world of sports. As a Cloud PL/SQL Developer/DBA, we will give you the freedom to design the PL/SQL procedures and packages for a database that supports 1000’s of globally distributed concurrent users worldwide. DAZN will welcome your understanding of the continuously changing database technologies and will encourage you to bring in the latest technology solutions, introduce fresh processes and set new standards to help us innovate and improve our database performance.
Your input into the integrity, performance, availability, and recoverability across our Database Estate will play a huge role in the technical delivery of DAZN, bringing live and on demand sports via an OTT/HD streaming platform to fans all over the world!
Here, you have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen - to make a difference for our customers.
Join us in India’s beautiful "City of Pearls" and bring your ambition to life.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Working on the design, implementation, deployment, administration and maintenance of all PL/SQL stored procedures and packages across our Database Estate (on perm / Cloud) across multiple database platforms (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Snowflake etc.)
- Work alongside the Development teams ,Data Analyst / Scientist teams to help ensure the successful implementation of projects with internal and external clients.
- Designing and implementing databases using industry standard methodologies and presenting new ideas to stakeholders
- Having technical hands-on roles in the implementation of the solution
- Develop innovative PL/SQL solutions to complex business and technology problems.
DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE IN THESE AREAS?
- Experience in administration and management of PL/SQL stored procedures and packages
- Replication and clustering techniques knowledge
- Experience maintaining database performance, integrity, replication, upgrades, migration and security across the database portfolio.
- Experience optimising queries
- Database architecture and design knowledge
- Experience with Oracle Scheduler management along with the ability to write, tune SQL queries desired to help you collaborate with dev teams.
- Understanding of AWS Platforms and Services
- Knowledge of PowerBI and Power Apps
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So, if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team,you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
DAZN VALUES – THE ‘HOW’ IN WHAT WE DO:
AMBITIOUS – people who want to make a big impact and drive DAZN forward. People who move fast and make success happen.
INVENTIVE – people with bright ideas who deliver great new experiences for our customers – and improvements for our business. People who come up with better, simpler ways of doing things.
PASSIONATE – people who are proud of our product, out content and our business – and love to shout about it. People who love what they do and show commitment every day.
BRAVE – people who take difficult decisions to help us focus on improving DAZN, our performance and our results. People who will take on challenges no matter what is in front of them.
SUPPORTIVE – people who know that we achieve more as a team than as individuals. People value inclusion and look out for each other, helping their colleagues enjoy their work and develop their careers. People who consider others before making decisions.
At DAZN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values equality and diversity, where everyone can contribute and have their voices heard. This means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities.
Everyone has the opportunity to make change and impact our DEI journey by joining our ERGs: Proud@DAZN, Women@DAZN, Disability@DAZN and ParentZone.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.