What's your new role about?
Is your next career move to lead a team which uses data, reporting and analytical skills to help answer business questions to make DAZN a data-driven company?
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans. Our new Hyderabad tech hub will be the engine that drives us forward to the future. We’re pushing boundaries and doing things no-one has done before. Here, you have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen - to make a difference for our customers. When you join DAZN you will work on projects that impact millions of lives thanks to your critical contributions to our global products
This is the perfect place to work if you are passionate about technology and want an opportunity to use your creativity to help grow and scale a global range of IT systems, Infrastructure and IT Services. Our cutting-edge technology allows us to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience and support a global user base and company infrastructure.
This role will be based in our brand new Hyderabad office. Join us in India’s beautiful “City of Pearls” and bring your ambition to life.
Benefits will include access to DAZN, an annual performance related bonus, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our Lead Data Analyst (for Customer Services), you will have the opportunity to:
- Be responsible for building datasets, using data visualization tools (such as Tableau and Looker) and responding to data analysis requests from different business stakeholders.
- work with the BI Lead, based in London, to develop and test analytical output and reports to ensure they are usable and accurate before they are published.
- create key corporate reports (including business trading, functional KPIs and platform performance) will be your responsibility, which includes: ensuring they deliver new and actionable insights, updating with changes defined by business stakeholders, migrating dashboards from existing tools to new ones, data visualisation tooling administration (user access controls, monthly reports on usage, identifying redundant dashboards etc.), ensuring data governance of reports.
- ensuring that datasets are created which can answer business questions and enable other technical users to query to get answers quickly.
- update and maintain the datasets as business definitions or data changes (e.g., new prices, new sports competitions).
- ensuring key business questions from functions across DAZN (marketing, finance, product, operations, customer services) are answered via data and analysis in an organized and timely way.
- prioritise requests based on business value, importance, and urgency.
- oversee your team to collate, wrangle and query data from various data sources (e.g., Snowflake) to provide insight into what has happened and why. As your team develops their skills, you will apply statistical skills (measures of average, variance, distributions, trends analysis, outlier detection) to analyze data.
You will be set up for success if you have:
- 5 – 7 years of experience in working within data and analytics and experience leading a technical data team (analysts, engineers or scientists).
- strong experience collaborating with non-data stakeholders to understand their requirements and translate those into data products.
- ability to explain/present technical information to non-technical stakeholders logically and understandably.
- a solution-based and proactive mindset, with the ability to translate business problems into technical problems that can be solved using data and analytics.
- strong management skills and a wide understanding of the coverage of data functions.
- high focus on delivery, both in terms of speed and quality.
- working knowledge of the analytics pipeline (how data is collected and stored in databases, gathering business requirements, data wrangling, data preparation, quality assurance of analysis and methods of delivery and visualisation)
- strong experience in data transformation, wrangling and statistical analysis using SQL and/or Python.
- experience in using data visualisation tools such as Tableau and Looker.
- desire to test and change the status quo and innovate.
Even better if you have:
- a strong interest in sports, both as a fan and as an industry.
- an interest in technology.
- enjoy working in an agile and fast-paced environment.
- experience in conducting A/B testing.
- experience in advanced analytics and data science.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.