What's your new role about?
Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis?
DAZN streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues in various markets including Germany, Italy, Japan, Canada, USA, Spain and Brazil (plus many more!).
We make learning a fundamental part of the job. Our software engineers continually share their expertise with their colleagues and the wider industry. We’re an active part of the technology community and put a strong focus on innovation.
As part of this role, you will the opportunity to:
- Change the application from the inside out our team is responsible for the core solutions on our platform
- Be part of a passionate team that own their area of the development of the product and champion ways of working in a scrum environment
- Get involved with every step of a product's lifecycle
- Work in an environment with autonomy where you will plan how to achieve goals that we are all working towards
- Experiment with new technologies
- Support and mentor other developers and team members with their day-to-day work
You will be set up for success if you have:
- Design and deliver rapid end-to-end proof of concepts, prototypes and production software and device solutions.
- AWS knowledge
- Experience with modern development and build strategies such as microservices, containers, lambdas, unit testing, static analysis, automated integration tests, refactoring,
- Deep understanding of core modern web concepts such as Single Page Apps and server side vs. client side rendering
- Ability to deliver efficient code and analyse performance
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration systems (CI/CD)
Not essential, but nice to have:
- Experience with modern development and build strategies such as microservices, containers, lambdas, continuous integration and delivery, unit testing, static analysis, automated integration tests, refactoring.
- Experience with relational/non relation databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDb), knowledge of optimisation techniques, replication, sharding, etc.
- Comfortable with learning and using existing tools and libraries to quickly solve problems according to community standards.
Benefits will include:
- Access to DAZN
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Annual leave increasing by 3 days after 3 years
- Private medical and dental insurance (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- MyBenefit platform (MultiSport and thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Family-friendly community
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind)
- Learning and development resources
- Access to our internal speaker series and events
- High-end laptops (Macs or Windows)
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.