What's your new role about?
A brand-new opportunity has arisen for a Strategy Manager to help define and deliver our long term strategic goals.
You’ll have the chance to provide a telling and visible contribution to strategic decisions within our fast-paced and incredibly dynamic business. You will be heavily involved across current market strategy projects in both the U.S. and Canadian markets, driving specific strategic commercial projects as well as helping implement DAZN’s global strategy.
You will support the Head of Strategy – DAZN North America by providing and utilizing market intelligence/research and data analysis, challenging current thinking/processes, and devising solutions to existing and new business challenges. Given the breadth of the role you will work cross functionally with a range of internal and external stakeholders with extensive exposure to senior management.
Your innovative and consultative mindset will provide you with an objective view on the marketplace, our position within it and the opportunities that exist. You will relish working in a fast-paced, agile environment alongside a strong team of industry experts. You’ll embrace a challenge and can thrive in this broad and pacey new role by always being ahead of the game.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?
- Research and analyze sports media markets
- Assist in the preparation of materials for rights holder meetings and presentations to potential partners
- Make recommendations to management based on complex analyses
- Work with stakeholders across DAZN to deliver the group’s strategy
- Ad hoc strategic projects and initiatives
- Help shape and define DAZN’s strategy
- Assessment of existing rights portfolio, long-term objectives as well as valuation and recommendations on potential new rights opportunities
- Market and competitor assessment
- Pricing strategy
- Assessment of the effectiveness of partnerships and ideas for new ones
- Programming and distribution strategy
- Taking learnings from across markets and key events to ensure best practice is followed across all markets as DAZN grows
- Work with product to question the order of the product roadmap and provide insight into why some features may need moving up or down in priority
- Long-term strategic direction
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in either a Tier 1 Investment Banking firm, Strategy Consulting or In-House Strategy/Corporate Development team
- Strong proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrable experience of utilizing strategic analytical skills, including financial modelling and forecasting, market situation/trend analyses, scenario planning, go to market / roll out plans and operational feasibility assessments
- Ability to crystalize key insights from data and communicate complex analyses in an efficient and effective manner to a variety of internal audiences across departments and functions
- Strong analytical capabilities with a track record of strategic development and implementation planning
- Experience working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Must be comfortable working both independently and as a member of a team
- An understanding and interest in the sports and broader media industries
- A willingness to travel
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Prior media experience
- Motivated to work for a fast-paced and fast-growing company looking to change the sports media landscape
US BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Up to 15 days of Paid Time OFF (from the start), 9 paid holidays, affordable health benefits (dental and vision included), generous sick time package, competitive parental leave, short and long-term disability paid by the company, basic term life insurance and personal accident insurance paid by the company, 401(k) and a flexible work environment.
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development program and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.