What's your new role about?
Want to help us lead the way in MCR?
The MCR Team Leader is required to oversee the operations of the MCR. The role will be expected to lead the MCR in day-to-day broadcast operations and be a key contact for overseeing the work. They will be responsible for the work taking place when on shift, and ensuring the team is organised in its operations.
The MCR Team Leader is responsible for ensuring that issues are investigated and escalated fully and is required to manage faults and problems with other teams until to their conclusion.
This role includes line-management duties including leading 1-2-1’s, annual performance reviews and ensuring staff development. Shift work (including weekends) is required, with the role working on opposite shifts to the current Team Leaders.
The MCR Team Leader role is primarily responsible for managing the daily operations of the MCR and supporting the gallery operations, including the new mini gallery workflow and file playout. The role’s key function is to ensure that DAZN delivers its sporting content to our OTT platform and other takers to the highest standards.
You will join a close-knit team that values the desire to learn over previous experience (though both are ideal). There’s usually a pot of coffee being passed around the room and the office boasts a proximity to the White Rose Shopping Centre.
As an MCR Team Leader you will be responsible for the day to day running of the MCR. You will keep everything in the MCR running smoothly and assist the seniors and more junior members of staff when needed. Training the MCR team for the ever-changing role, you will be expected to develop and understand the workflows to a higher level than the rest. else. Double checking incident reports are par for the course and the ability to keep a cool head when incidents inevitably occur is a necessity.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Ensure daily responsibilities are delegated among the team.
- Be a key senior contact for any internal/external client within the MCR.
- Work closely with key contacts in our teams to maintain and improve inter departmental relations.
- Provide feedback and ideas to the Head of MCR on potential improvements.
- Review incidents and ensure faults are efficiently managed and appropriate actions are taken.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Ability to set priorities, goals and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Ability to work effectively with a group of people to accomplish a task or achieve a goal. Leadership skills to motivate and manage a team.
- Self–motivated and driven to succeed, focused on results and passionate about the job.
- Ability to effectively exchange information, news, ideas and meaning in a business environment.
- Completed studies of audio or video technology. Experienced in working in a live pressured broadcast environment.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Speaking a second language is advantageous.
- Experience in media management and playout systems.
Here's a little more about us…
· Department: Leeds MCR
· Reports To (title): Head of MCR
· Career Level: CL-3
· Country and Location: Leeds
· Hours of Work: 37.5
· Line Management Responsibility: YES