What's your new role about?
Do you want to have an impact on products that is used by hundreds of thousands of users across multiple devices on a daily basis?
As a part of DAZN Media Apps team, you will be responsible for delivering sports apps offering users live scores, news, videos, galleries and personalised, instant notifications about sport events. We’re building products for sport-related brands, which includes being the official supplier for sports associations and delivering them to millions of users across the world. See how DAZN Media changes the way brands connect with fans here
In our team you will be working in an agile environment, cooperating with the product team and developers from other countries. We are looking for people who want to help us build a strong engineering culture and a fun, vibrant workplace. We appreciate open-mindedness, honesty and a good sense of humour.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Implement new features according to best programming practices
- Support exiting features
- Create new product brands based on the existing codebase
- Support Scrum team to deliver a high-quality product
- Provide documentation for delivered features
- Create Unit Tests / UI Tests
- Participate in Code Review process
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- You've got several years of commercial experience as an Android Developer
- You're familiar with the Android platform and stay up to date with changes and tools
- You know your way around Java and Kotlin
- You have knowledge of TDD and ability to write unit tests
- You know and use the principles of object-oriented programming
- You have knowledge of design patterns (incl. dependency injection)
- You speak English at least on an intermediate level
- You're self-reliant and cooperate well with your team
- You've got an agile mindset
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- You've worked with Git or other distributed version control system
- You have knowledge of Gradle
- You have knowledge of RxJava/multithreading/functional programming
- You have knowledge of REST/back-end communication principles
- You have knowledge of Dagger
- You know how to deploy an app to the store
- You've worked with Google Firebase + Fabric
- Your able to use different debugging tools
- You have knowledge of BDD, automation tools
- You have knowledge of CI tools
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development.
- We also have a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- Benefits also include medical insurance, group insurance, Multisport card and flexible working arrangements.
- We have a break room with PlayStation, table soccer, ping-pong table and massage chair.
- You can also enjoy breakfast and fruits throughout the week.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.