What's your new role about?
Do you want to have an impact on products that is used by hundreds of thousands of users across multiple devices on a daily basis?
As a part of DAZN Media Apps team, you will be responsible for delivering sports apps offering users live scores, news, videos, galleries and personalised, instant notifications about sport events. We’re building products for sport-related brands, which includes being the official supplier for sports associations and delivering them to millions of users across the world. See how DAZN Media changes the way brands connect with fans here
In our team you will be working in an agile environment, cooperating with the product team and developers from other countries. We are looking for people who want to help us build a strong engineering culture and a fun, vibrant workplace. We appreciate open-mindedness, honesty and a good sense of humour.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Implement new features according to best programming practices
- Support exiting features
- Create new product brands based on the existing codebase
- Support Scrum team to deliver a high-quality product
- Provide documentation for delivered features
- Create Unit Tests / UI Tests
- Participate in Code Review process
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- You've got several years of commercial experience as an Android Developer
- You're familiar with the Android platform and stay up to date with changes and tools
- You know your way around Java and Kotlin
- You have knowledge of TDD and ability to write unit tests
- You know and use the principles of object-oriented programming
- You have knowledge of design patterns (incl. dependency injection)
- You speak English at least on an intermediate level
- You're self-reliant and cooperate well with your team
- You've got an agile mindset
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- You've worked with Git or other distributed version control system
- You have knowledge of Gradle
- You have knowledge of RxJava/multithreading/functional programming
- You have knowledge of REST/back-end communication principles
- You have knowledge of Dagger
- You know how to deploy an app to the store
- You've worked with Google Firebase + Fabric
- Your able to use different debugging tools
- You have knowledge of BDD, automation tools
- You have knowledge of CI tools
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development.
- We also have a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- Benefits also include medical insurance, group insurance, Multisport card and flexible working arrangements.
- We have a break room with PlayStation, table soccer, ping-pong table and massage chair.
- You can also enjoy breakfast and fruits throughout the week.
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work for passionate and creative engineers. We use a very modern tech stack to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. The architecture of DAZN is based on Micro Frontends and unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that has scalability not only from a user point of view but also from a developer perspective. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
Our engineers work in small teams and are given freedom and autonomy when it comes to the code that they write. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: https://engineering.dazn.com/