What's your new role about?
As a Rights Holder Account Manager for DAZN in the German speaking markets Germany, Austria and Switzerland (“DACH”), you will play a crucial role in the management of our relationships with a defined group of key sports media rights holders such as LaLiga, SerieA, Ligue1 etc. as well as with rights agencies and strategic content partners.
You will act as the first point of contact between DAZN DACH’s business units and the key marketing, commercial and operational staff with the rights holder partners you manage, and you will represent their interests with the internal DAZN Group. You will embed yourself in all details relating to the relationships we hold with these rights holders, establish personal relationships, understand their objectives and identify their local assets in the DACH markets.
You will develop an expert understanding of our rights holders’s relationships with their communities that engage with DAZN content. Leveraging these relationships, you will seek out opportunities, work collaboratively with other functions in the business and push your colleagues to deliver our local activation plan and ensure the business maximises the value of our sports media rights investments.
You will understand DAZN’s data insights driven approach and how it impacts our operational decisions, marketing and programming investments and approaches to rights agreement renewals. Furthermore, you will be responsible for ensuring the team is aware of key information relating to sports media rights, audience consumption trends, competitor activity and wider industry news.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Maintain close working relationships and manage all day-to-day aspects with a defined group of rights holders
- Support the senior management in rights acquisition or renewal processes and in advising DAZN management regarding the long-term rights strategy
- Plan, brief, coordinate and execute activations, both planned proactively by DAZN and planned by the rights holder
- Own the commercial relationship with rights holders and partner stakeholders for activations and manage a self-built calendar of opportunities
- Leverage our data capability and your proactive attitude to constantly help our partners succeed by understanding what they need to be successful and displaying a long-term thinking approach
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Fluency in German and English, both verbal and written
- Self-starter attitude with strong willingness and ability to work cross-functionally
- Strong interest and understanding of the sports, broadcast and new media landscapes
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Analytical thinking and structured working methods as well as a solution-oriented and pragmatic approach to solve problems
- Ability to quickly grasp and delve into complex issues in a fast paced, high-impact environment
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience of working in an international media business, with multiple teams and stakeholders
- Experience in an account management environment, preferably in sports
- Good knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Reports To (title): Right Holder Account Management Lead
- Career Level: CL2
- Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
- Line Management Responsibility: No
GERMANY BENEFITS INCLUDE...
- 30 days’ annual leave, matched pension contributions of 3% of annual salary, company festivities, fresh fruit, coffee and other refreshments.
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.