What's your new role about?
What’s better than driving the quality of code that reaches millions of concurrent users globally? Doing it with millions more in mind. We have just launched in Brazil which is our 9th country in just over three years! This follows the success of USA, Japan, Canada, Germany, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Spain and there are only more markets to follow.
Do you want the creative freedom to make the product something you’re proud to show others? You will create test design strategies and given the autonomy over the tools used for the job to build a modern, scalable and resilient platform.
Is your current job allowing you to become better at your craft or just lengthening your years in the industry? Weather it's learning to speak at events, sharing your ideas to improve best practice or gaining knowledge and ideas from some of the great minds we have here – you’ll always be getting better at DAZN.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Creating automated tests within different levels (especially integration and end-to-end)
- Coordinating with developers and stakeholders to ensure proper definition of stories and appropriate coverage
- Defining test scenarios and strategies for complex architectures
- Exploring new testing approaches and writing POC's to test out within the company
- Personal development in Software Development and Quality Assurance
TO MAKE AN IMPACT IN THE TEAM, YOU'LL HAVE AT LEAST 3 OF THESE SKILLS
- Commercial experience as QA/developer in an Agile environment
- Practical knowledge of any programming language
- Hands-on experience with CI tools (e.g. Drone, Jenkins, AWS CodeBuild)
- Skills and experience in setting up a test automation framework
- Specific skills with tools/frameworks for test automation in browser or mobile applications (e.g. Selenium Webdriver, Appium, Protractor, Nightwatch, Cypress, etc)
- Working knowledge of using mocking, stubbing and spying techniques
- Familiarity using tools like Postman and Charles to test API’s
- Experience testing on Cloud environments (e.g. AWS, OpenStack, Azure)
- Experience testing within a micro-frontend architecture and microservices architectures
Here's a little more about us…
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work for passionate and creative engineers. We use a very modern tech stack to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. The architecture of DAZN is based on Micro Frontends and unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that has scalability not only from a user point of view but also from a developer perspective. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
Our engineers work in small teams and are given freedom and autonomy when it comes to the code that they write. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: https://engineering.dazn.com/