What's your new role about?
Are you looking to take the next step in your Business Analyst career? Are you fascinated by data and interested in the opportunity to develop new and innovative ways it can be used? Join DAZN’s growing Enterprise Data Management team to gain an intrinsic view of varied and interesting use cases and leverage the data we have and identify opportunities to transform the way DAZN uses data for our global sports streaming platform.
As the Agile Business Analyst for Enterprise Data Managementat DAZN, you will work with the EDM Product Owner to help determine how customer, supplier and internal data is collected, organized and converted into quality information that can be used to gain useful insight into DAZN’s Daily Operations. You will be working directly with key stakeholders including our Finance, Product, Marketing, Legal and IT Development teams to ensure that high quality data is available across multiple sources and platforms in a timely manner. You’ll play an important role in analyzing broadly-defined business areas to understand business processes and data flows. These will then be used to define high-level epics and stories to create a well-organized, value-driven framework to provide the required business value in the EDM Product Backlog and satisfy DAZN’s business goals.
If it sounds like a role at DAZN could provide you with the challenges and opportunities to help you progress in your Business Analyst career then we would love to hear from you!
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?
- Act as a business SME working with the Product Manager, Developers, Architects and key business Stakeholders, to identify, define and communicate business requirements that are aligned to DAZN’s wider business strategy
- Help prepare High Level Epics and Stories that solve business problems and feed the Agile Backlog. Assist with Sprint Planning and Grooming and provide guidance on “what” to build and “when” to release as much value as possible as early as possible
- Use your understanding of the business domain identify opportunities for process improvement and help translate business requirements into potential IT Solutions
- In conjunction with the QA team assist in defining testing strategies and solutions that ensure that the end product satisfies business requirements. Working with key stakeholders help define and monitor Data Quality KPI’s
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience as a Business Analyst delivering products from start to finish, preferable in an Agile environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Requirements creation skills writing Epics, User Stories and User Acceptance criteria
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, written and verbal
- Experience in business and / or data modelling techniques and data flow diagrams
- Ability to undertake cost / benefit analysis and help formulate a business case
- Able to work at both a detail and strategic level
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Negotiation and presentation skills – able to develop strong relationships across the business and at a senior level
- Understanding of Systems Engineering principals, preferably in a Data Engineering environment
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience or interest in the sports or OTT broadcast industry
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work if you are passionate about technology and want an opportunity to use your creativity to help grow and scale a global range of IT systems, Infrastructure and IT Services. Our cutting edge technology allows us to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience and support a global user base and company infrastructure.
This is an ambitious project with a fast, scalable release cycle. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
We work in small teams and give our people freedom and autonomy when it comes to the work they produce. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a technology community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: http://media.dazn.com