What's your new role about?
Are you interested in directly supporting a global client base and gaining exposure to the Media & Sports industry? Join DAZN’s Application Support team to work with, and become a guru in, cutting edge cloud-based technologies and have opportunities to get involved in Incident management & Change management, with access to the core code, and exposure to the latest and greatest from AWS and industry best practises
As an Application Support Engineer, you will use your technical expertise to provide 2nd line technical Support for various complex distributed applications hosted on application servers like tomcat written in varied languages like Java and PHP. You will have the opportunity to supporting applications on AWS cloud platforms written in Kubernetees, Lambda and Google Cloud Platforms (GCP). You will also maintain platform infrastructure servers that run the DAZN sports streaming platform hosted on premise across Linux/Unix environments by preventing and resolving incidents.
You will serve as a point of escalation for critical and non-critical application-related issues, consult on new application releases and participate in release activities. You will be key in ensuring that Perform products and applications are available 365x24x7 by providing service reliability, platform stability and continuous service improvements.
If this sounds like a great next step in your Technical career, then please get in touch with us!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Provide second line technical support for various applications and infrastructure servers across all environments on our platform by preventing and resolving incidents
- Ensure that DAZN products and applications are available 365x24x7 thereby providing service availability, platform stability and continuous service improvements
- Support the DAZN product which is available across continents streaming sports content and is developed using AWS cloud technologies
- Monitor, Identify and resolve issues effectively and or by escalating to appropriate development teams.
- Improve automatic issue identification and routing and predict product performance in accordance to SLAs
- Drive issue resolution and root cause identification with the various development teams at DAZN
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience providing 24x7 2nd line application support, supporting applications and the entire digital delivery platform.
- Experience troubleshooting applications in a variety of technical languages
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS and EC2 ,Lambda ,Cloudwatch,Salesforce ,API Gateways
- Experience using Log File analysis using logging frameworks like Log4j
- Skilled in the use of commonly used scripting languages such as CSH, Bash, PERL and/or Python
- Experience of writing/analysing SQL queries and knowledge of Oracle 11g DB
- Knowledge on ELK Stack -Kibana ,Logz.io,Data Dog etc
- Experience with application performance monitoring tools (APM)
- Understanding of process flow documentation within your area of work and identify and update existing documentation as required
- Experience of working with applications based on AWS, LAMP stacks (Linux/Apache/My SQL , PHP) and Java based web applications
- The ability to monitor production servers proactively & prepare capacity planning & implement guidelines to ensure no degradation in system response for users/no down time during peak hours
- The ability to work under pressure and multitask using great communication skills
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Prior experience within the Sports, Broadcasting or Streaming Industry
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.