What's your new role about?
PAYROLL IS NOT BORING!
Despite what outsiders might think, you'll know that payroll can be exciting, challenging, and much more than just data entry – especially when it’s for the fastest growing sports company in the world! More typically introduced as the ‘V.I.P’ within the business, you will be responsible for ensuring our employees are paid correctly, on time, and receive excellent customer service for all payroll queries.
As the Payroll Advisor for Germany, you will be responsible for coordinating and preparing 250+ employees on a monthly basis. You will work closely with the international HR & Payroll teams to build strong working relationships and ensure process consistency and governance is maintained in accordance with the VP.
You will be a stickler for clean and accurate data, have a hawk eye for discrepancies, and perhaps get a little excited by processes and excel spreadsheets! Your payroll knowledge and expertise will give us much needed support and help drive the HR function to success.
This is an exciting time for the DAZN business with ever expanding growth and success. Working within a collaborative and vibrant HR environment, your passion for success will fit perfectly within our team!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Responsible for co-ordinating, collating and submitting fixed and variable data to the payroll partner within the pre-agreed deadlines
- Seeking necessary authorisations as appropriate
- Recognising and mitigating risks
- Preparing payrolls for monthly approvals and assisting with the submission of Statutory notices and relevant tax/social security documents to third parties
- Preparing and reconciling payroll sheet for Accounts team
- Ensure that the safeguards and controls remain in place and any changes are recorded and communicated to minimise risk
- Assist with audits and finance queries
- Ensuring that all data is managed and maintained in accordance with the Data Protection regulations (GDPR)
- Maintain, update and help create relevant Payroll policies, procedures, forms and knowledge articles as and when required
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Previous payroll experience
- Knowledge of social security law
- Familiar dealing with different employment types e.g. interns and casual workers
- Strong MSOffice literacy (Excel VLOOKUP essential)
- Fluent in German and English, written and spoken
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Oracle Fusion
- Benefit knowledge and experience in implementing
- Reports To (title): HR Generalist
- Career Level: CL2
- Country and Location: Munich, Germany
- Hours of Work: 40
GERMANY BENEFITS INCLUDE...
- 30 days’ annual leave, company festivities, fresh fruit, coffee and other refreshments.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2500 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com, Sporting News and Spox.com.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.