What's your new role about?
Here at DAZN we are changing the game. We are revolutionizing the way fans are consuming their sports content, bringing them ever closer to the action.
As a Principal Engineer (Broadcast), you will be a crucial pin shaping the development and delivery of various projects and features across DAZN. You will be there to put out fires, support, and push teams to their maximum potential – defining engineering excellence.
What we are looking for is someone who has had experience in developing and delivering highly scalable and highly available solutions, in addition to being a master in broadcast and cloud-based solutions. You would have good exposure to various broadcast technologies, public and private cloud solutions, automation and control applications, and with an appreciation of software development methodologies. In this role you will be a leader without being a manager and will remain very hands on in engineering and operations.
You would be reporting directly to the Head of Department and will play a pivotal role in our senior leadership ranks. Do you have what it takes to change the game?
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE? (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE IMPORTANT STUFF!)
- Lead by example by being hands-on and working with our teams to deliver high quality, architecturally sound systems, earning their respect as a technical leader.
- Partner with Architecture, Broadcast and Network Engineering, Security, and Software Engineering teams to guide projects from solution design through to live support.
- Ensure we stay ahead of a fast-paced industry; identifying new technologies, tools, frameworks, concepts and producing prototypes of how they will benefit DAZN.
- Help shape and define the technical strategy across DAZN’s broadcast workflows.
- Coach and mentor Broadcast Engineers; fostering an environment of high performance and continual learning across our engineering teams.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Extensive experience leading the technical direction of high performing engineering teams preferably in roles such as a either a Tech Lead or Principal Engineer.
- In-depth knowledge of broadcast technologies from content acquisition, through production and playout, and delivery to OTT encoding and distribution platforms
- Experience in both traditional broadcast and OTT live streaming services, and in public cloud-based environments.
- Strong knowledge of automation, control, and orchestration systems.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining broadcast solutions at scale in a cloud-based environment with hard requirements of low-latency, high-availability, and scalability.
- Expert in maintaining live services at scale by measuring and monitoring system health.
- Strong business judgement with proven ability to influence stakeholder and strong analytical thinking.
DO YOU HAVE THESE DESIRABLES?
- Industry recognition as a regular attendee and speaker at meetups and high-profile technology conferences.
- DevOps advocate with expertise in building CI/CD pipelines, automated and continuous testing, proactive monitoring, etc.
- Understanding and experience of IT based technologies delivering broadcast solutions.
- Regular and active participant in the broadcast and OTT streaming community - be a tech evangelist
TO BE SUCCESSFUL YOU WILL NEED
- Learn and Grow; On-going drive for learning and ability to apply new knowledge and skills.
- Drive & Energy; Self–motivated and driven to succeed, focused on results and passionate about the job.
- Creativity & Innovation; Ability to generate and translate an idea into a product or service that creates value for business.
- Teamwork & Collaboration; Working collaboratively with a group of people in order to accomplish a task or achieve a goal.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories. You can subscribe to our global service at www.dazn.com
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.