What's your new role about?
So, you are interested in a role that carries out support of the live ingest and Post Production editing platforms in a broadcast environment. Covering most audio/video related parts of the chain from signal acquisition, remote and local ingest to edit and on-demand delivery? Then this could be the job for you.
You will be working as part of a team who carry out support and maintenance for the DAZN Post Production facility in Leeds. For this role you will be required to be passionate about Broadcast/IT engineering, Editing and internet related media technologies. Working in a fast-paced Production based facility, you will be required to be proactive yet reactive with how you will provide support for the facility.
Your main goal day to day will be the smooth running of the Post Production resources. Ensuring Production staff can fulfil their work without any technical hindrance. Making suggestions for system improvements and developments is a must. As is assisting Production staff with any queries in a cool confident manner. Following regular maintenance tasks to ensure system stability. Ensure any issues that do arise are fully investigated and preventative measures are put in place. The ideal candidate will need to prove their ability to work in a busy broadcast production environment.
Relying on previous experience to ensure you can fulfil the requirements of the role. But also, wanting to learn new skills is a must. Working closely with several other teams within the business, there is room to grow and expand your experience and be fully supported along the way.
If you’ve read this far, why not apply and we can further discuss your experience and our expectations.
HERE'S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Shift engineer supporting post production operations
- Perform maintenance of post-production systems
- Monitor platform systems and be responsible for the technical escalation process.
- Communicate with and provide technical assistance to Media Managers, Editors and Operational staff
- Participate in the delivery of major projects alongside project teams and technical specialists
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Knowledge of MAM & NLE platforms – Dalet, Adobe CC, RAID Storage
- Projects & Installations – Wiring, System Specification & Upgrades, Edit Suite Installation
- Transcoding and Distribution Platforms – ContentAgent, Amberfin, Aspera
- LTO Tape Based Archive – DIVA, Xendata, Qualstar, Object Matrix
IT'D BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Workflow Automation – Command Line and Scripting
- Knowledge of Linux Operating Systems – CentOS, RedHat
- Knowledge of Networking, Windows Domains and Active Directory – Cisco Switches, Windows Server2012 r2
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work to indulge your passion for Broadcast Media. We are at the cutting edge of streaming technology, allowing us to deliver sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that is pushing the boundaries of Broadcast. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
We work in small teams and give our people freedom and autonomy when it comes to the work that they produce. If you like solving technical problems and being part of new and complex ideas then this is the place to be. We have a Broadcast community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: http://media.dazn.com