What's your new role about?
Do you want to be part of a team that engineers a global product that’s used by millions of users daily?
DAZN is one of the fastest growing OTT companies in the world and stream over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries. Since we launched in 2016, we have streamed more than 600 million hours of content!
A BIT ABOUT YOUR TEAM:
Teams are typically made up of around 5-8 Engineers, a Product Manager, Scrum Master and an Engineering Manager. Our team are a group from various and diverse backgrounds, we don’t have any hierarchy within the team as everyone brings something different and has different experiences and knowledge.
The Player Engineering teams own the front-end playback experience for DAZN. As a crucial part of our product and a key part of the customer experience they are a very important part of the DAZN team. The team work on a broad range of features from how players handle drops in bandwidth, to how customers interact with the player. We are driven by data and use it daily to make decisions about what we do.
We are hiring two new Engineering Managers, both will manage and lead 2 teams of 5 or 6 engineers focused on building a critical part of DAZN. The first Engineering Manager will lead the Core Player team and the Player Extensions team and the second will lead the Look and Feel team and the Test and Release team.
The Core Player team builds and supports the players that present content to our users. They are driven by the KPIs for the Playback Experience department. They focus on low-level player features that will provide the best playback experience to customers and work with the Video Architects to deliver content in the best way possible. The Extensions team build and support the player features that go on top of core playback. As the player is so crucial to our product they support and build the features to support other teams as well as the rest of Player Engineering.
The Look and Feel team own the UI and UX of the players and define and build how users interact and experience playback. They leverage A/B testing and work with the design team to improve the overall experience for our customers. The Test & Release team take ownership of our release process and work with the other Player Engineering teams to ensure the highest quality, striving for a fully automated process across a number of devices.
Here's what you will do
- Work with other Engineering leaders to unblock and line up delivery. Manage stakeholder expectations of when and where particular features and fixes will land. Work with the product team to ensure the right work is prioritised.
- Coach and lead the engineers on your team, setting clear, achievable objectives with them.
- Own and manage the headcount in your team, hiring and supporting new starters.
- Represent the development teams in broader conversations around direction and ownership of code.
You've got to have these essentials skills to do your job well…
- Experience managing engineering teams in an agile environment.
- You care deeply about testing and automation.
- You have experience of working in an agile process where engineers are invested in continuous improvement, both of the process and the code base.
- You have managed building and releasing a complex product that is critical to business success.
- A software engineering background, this role is not a hands on coding role, but you will need to be comfortable learning, owning and talking about some complex technical areas.
It would be great if you had these desirable skills/experience too
- Experience working on or with web player technologies.
- Experience working on TV platforms or games consoles.
Here's a little more about us…
We will teach you what you need to know, so please don’t be put off from applying if you haven’t worked in this area before.
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.