What's your new role about?
Want to work for an award-winning company? Sure, most companies will claim to be award winning and they may be right, but here at DAZN, we’re winning some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. We’ve just been voted Apple TV’s App of the Year at their annual awards and it’s safe to say we’re very proud of it!
So, what makes the app so great?
A lot of it comes down to the people and the culture we have cultivated. We’re a diverse team, who actively support each other to be the best versions of themselves. We’re highly skilled, encouraged by management to continuously learn and develop. We’re passionate, with a vision to create the best product possible. Everyone can take credit in this, from HR through to Software Development and Broadcast Engineering.
This is where you come in.
We’re looking to continue our success and build our team in our Bangor office with the addition of a Broadcast Engineer. We need someone motivated to learn, develop and progress, who is passionate about their work and who is happy to collaborate with other teams. It could be a good match for someone working as a Network Engineer who wants more exposure to broadcast. Or potentially an existing Broadcast Engineer wanting to improve their knowledge of IP delivered video.
Whatever your background, if you’re passionate and keen to develop and progress, we want to hear from you!
As our new Broadcast Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Support operational staff to achieve a high standard of output
- Provide and keep support documentation up to date
- Produce timely and accurate shift hand over reports
- Assist operators in setting up and configuring broadcast equipment
- Adopt best practice regarding streaming media and broadcast technologies
- Liaise with other departments and suppliers.
- Configuration and management of archive and replay systems
- Provide regular maintenance of broadcast equipment
- Work with broadcast project teams to implement new systems
- Monitor the global acquisition and distribution of signals in IP
- Provide broadcast quality assurance on all content whether live or file based
- Maintenance of RF Downlink Ingest Facilities
- Enjoy a shift based role supporting DAZN operation 24/7 365 days a year
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Experience in Broadcast playout, associated technologies, workflows and broadcast standards
- Knowledge of Broadcast Contribution Encoding techniques and high-level fault analysis
- Experience in management of IP Transport Stream contribution (Multicast, Unicast Networks)
- An awareness of current encoding technologies
- Experience with Networking and Routing
- Experience with Satellite Communications
- An understanding of Transport Stream Analysis tools
- Experience working in a live broadcast environment, and confident in working under pressure to resolve issues during live broadcasts
Even better if you have:
- Experience with automation Tools experience (Dataminer) or scheduling Tools knowledge (ScheduALL)
- Experience in programming languages
- Experience in server support and maintenance
- A familiarity with change management and incident tracking procedures
- An ability to manage broadcast projects and builds
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.