What's your new role about?
The Developer Experience (DX) is part of the PLATFORM squad and works on tools and resources to make development efficient, easier and engaging.
The DX team is accountable for the success of their engineering counterparts rather than directly for the main product of the business.
The DX team is distributed across our dev centres, working remotely (our people are in Amsterdam, Madrid and London).
In order to succeed as a DX team lead you should have empathy for the needs of your fellow engineers: they are our final customers.
One of our mottos is: "Don't make me code". It sums up the fact that we want our fellow engineers to focus on their important work rather than repetitive tasks or things that can be automated or simplified.
Our team values:
support each other
📈. prefer data-driven decision
🚢 ship, ship, ship
🤖 are always evolving
We are looking for a Team Lead to join our Developer Experience Team, who has experience in managing engineer and passionate about developing modern, scalable applications, focusing and contributing on building tools for our colleagues to achieve an awesome developer experience. The DX team is responsible for areas such as: our bespoke CLI, CI/CD pipeline, observability/monitoring tooling, onboarding and much more.
Our current tech stack is diverse and includes: Nodejs, TypeScript, Golang, AWS, Docker, Terraform, Serverless, React and it's always evolving.
Here's what you will do (not all of it, just the important stuff!):
- Build relationships and work closely with the rest of engineering getting feedback, suggestions in providing the best Developer Experience (DX)
- Working as part of the team to develop and own new and existing DX services/products
- Accountable for the technical direction of the team, seeking consensus valuing other’s opinions as much as their own
- Maintain and enhance an inclusive, healthy, diverse and strong engineering culture
- Contribute and support the DX product roadmaps, planning and strategy
Supporting and developing your team (eg. regular 1:1s and career progression of engineers etc)
- Balancing conflicting and changing demands of stakeholders through prioritization and a pragmatic approach
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular assessment and improvement.
- Support your team to own services in production and the developers (our customers) experience
- Support a learning environment for your team and individuals, act as a mentor for engineers and up and coming leaders
You've got to have these essentials to do your job well…
- Experience building teams in a collaborative, empathetic, empowering and supportive way
- Proven experience in collaborating and working with stakeholders (i.e Business Development, Product, or even better other engineering teams)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with people at all seniority levels
- Striving to justify decisions with data
- Great organizational skills
- Strong empathy for others
It would be great if you had these desirable skills/experience too…
- Experience measuring impact of internal and external developer initiatives
- Experience with managing budgets
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.