What's your new role about?
Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis?
DAZN streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues in 9 markets including Germany, Italy, Japan, Canada, USA, Spain and Brazil (more to come). Since we launched 2 years ago we have streamed more than 300 million hours of content!
In our team you will be working in an agile environment, cooperating with the product team and developers from other countries. We are looking for people who want to help us build a strong engineering culture and a fun, vibrant workplace. We appreciate open-mindedness, honesty and a good sense of humour.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Working with Senior Developers, you will deliver and enhance a best in class digital video service.
- Deliver robust, modular and testable code adhering internal engineering procedures, code conventions and development methodologies.
- Maintain high-quality coding standards to ensure the service is robust and simple to build on.
- Contribute to comprehensive documentation that supports the development and system support life cycles.
- Collaborate with the Product and UX Design team on the delivery of the product requirements.
- Supporting other Web Developers with their day-to-day problems.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS (media-queries).
- Software Engineering fundamentals in object-oriented design, design patterns, problem solving, extreme programming best practices and test driven development.
- Familiar with build automation and continuous integration.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Track record of successful software delivery through all phases of development, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Familiar with Promises
- Familiar with Node.js
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY...
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (Learning Zone) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development,
- We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme,
- Benefits also include medical insurance, group insurance, Multisport card and flexible working arrangements,
- We have a break room with PlayStation, table soccer, ping-pong table and massage chair,
- You can also enjoy breakfast and fruits throughout the week.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries
- Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the United States
- In 2020, we will dramatically increase our presence, expanding to more than 200 countries and territories.
- Guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- Work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution and commercialisation
- Run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality, diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities.