What's your new role about?
JOB PURPOSE (SO WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?)
The Head of Marketing Research will form part of DAZN’s Japan Marketing Leadership team and lead the business’ efforts in marketing research. The individual will lead our consumer and marketing insights across all marketing activities spearheading initiatives to ensure that we better understand and engage with DAZN’s existing and potential subscribers. This is a unique opportunity to play a leadership role in creating a new marketing research function in Japan, working closely with our Central Marketing Analytics colleagues and our Japan Data Science & Insights (DS&I) team to improve marketing performance via behavioural data. A strong communicator and marketer with a deep background in market research and a track record of mining key consumer insights to driven high impact marketing activities is a must. You will be able to demonstrate thought leadership in defining our research and planning roadmap, working seamlessly with our Central Marketing (namely the Regional Performance Manager) and Japan Marketing colleagues to build insights-rich briefings that will drive high growth marketing programs. As part of this role you will play a key role in the broader Japan leadership team including Japan’s wider strategy, finance and operations teams.
KEY DELIVERABLES (WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?)
- Lead the Japan Marketing research program covering market, audience and customer research
- Collaborate with other Content Marketing strategists, Central Marketing Analytics, and Japan DS&I to build
- sports-specific growth plans and briefs to acquire immediate DAZN subscriber prospects
- Work with Global marketing leadership to plan and leverage existing marketing research tools and resources
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS (DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW?)
- Experience leading research programs in Japan involving quantitative and qualitative studies to inform marketing activity
- A track record of driving change and influencing senior stakeholders across different functions within an organisation
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, and ability to work in a deadline-driven dynamic work environment.
- Strong team player and culture contributor; team leadership and management skills
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, innovative and collaborative digital environment
- Experience in working within a matrix international organization with divided global and local responsibilities.
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS (DO YOU HAVE THESE DESIRABLES?)
- 8+ years’ experience in research, marketing evaluation and planning
- 3+ years’ experience in sports media and/or broadcasting, OTT service provider
- Degree level (or equivalent) education in related subject
- Experience working in a high growth, international environment / global organisation
- Experience launching new and innovative digital products & services
- Line management experience
THESE ARE THE COMPETENCIES YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN YOUR ROLE….
- Customer Orientation - Building and maintaining external and internal customer satisfaction.
- Creativity & Innovation - Impactful innovation, break boundaries in our approach, media firsts, technology firsts,
- creative firsts, create campaigns that wow consumers and get the industry talking.
- Drive & Energy - Self–motivated and driven to succeed, focused on results and passionate about the job.
- Teamwork & Collaboration - Working collaboratively with a group of people in order to accomplish a task or achieve a
- Planning & Organising - Ability to set priorities, goals and time tables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Flexibility & Adaptability - Ability to adapt to changing business needs, cultures, conditions and work responsibilities.
Here's a little more about us…
HERE’S A BIT MORE ABOUT US
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world. Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport. Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles. The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.
· Social security included (Health care insurance, Employee pension scheme, Employment insurance, Labour personal accident insurance)
· Annual Health Exams
· Annual paid leave of 15 days (pro-rated depending on the start date)
· Relo club employee benefit package – (access to more than 50,000 services such as discounts in sports clubs, leisure facilities and physical exams)
· Company doctor (monthly inspection of office as well as stress check)
· Discount for every drink in office vending machines
· Free subscription on DAZN
· Access to free tickets for every J-league game and occasionally for other sports
· Paid commuting allowance up to 30,000 yen a month
· And there’s more… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development, and includes the structured management development programme.