What's your new role about?
JOB PURPOSE (SO WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?)
The Head of Marketing Research will form part of DAZN’s Japan Marketing Leadership team and lead the business’ efforts in marketing research. The individual will lead our consumer and marketing insights across all marketing activities spearheading initiatives to ensure that we better understand and engage with DAZN’s existing and potential subscribers. This is a unique opportunity to play a leadership role in creating a new marketing research function in Japan, working closely with our Central Marketing Analytics colleagues and our Japan Data Science & Insights (DS&I) team to improve marketing performance via behavioural data. A strong communicator and marketer with a deep background in market research and a track record of mining key consumer insights to driven high impact marketing activities is a must. You will be able to demonstrate thought leadership in defining our research and planning roadmap, working seamlessly with our Central Marketing (namely the Regional Performance Manager) and Japan Marketing colleagues to build insights-rich briefings that will drive high growth marketing programs. As part of this role you will play a key role in the broader Japan leadership team including Japan’s wider strategy, finance and operations teams.
KEY DELIVERABLES (WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?)
- Lead the Japan Marketing research program covering market, audience and customer research
- Collaborate with other Content Marketing strategists, Central Marketing Analytics, and Japan DS&I to build
- sports-specific growth plans and briefs to acquire immediate DAZN subscriber prospects
- Work with Global marketing leadership to plan and leverage existing marketing research tools and resources
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS (DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW?)
- Experience leading research programs in Japan involving quantitative and qualitative studies to inform marketing activity
- A track record of driving change and influencing senior stakeholders across different functions within an organisation
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, and ability to work in a deadline-driven dynamic work environment.
- Strong team player and culture contributor; team leadership and management skills
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, innovative and collaborative digital environment
- Experience in working within a matrix international organization with divided global and local responsibilities.
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS (DO YOU HAVE THESE DESIRABLES?)
- 8+ years’ experience in research, marketing evaluation and planning
- 3+ years’ experience in sports media and/or broadcasting, OTT service provider
- Degree level (or equivalent) education in related subject
- Experience working in a high growth, international environment / global organisation
- Experience launching new and innovative digital products & services
- Line management experience
THESE ARE THE COMPETENCIES YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN YOUR ROLE….
- Customer Orientation - Building and maintaining external and internal customer satisfaction.
- Creativity & Innovation - Impactful innovation, break boundaries in our approach, media firsts, technology firsts,
- creative firsts, create campaigns that wow consumers and get the industry talking.
- Drive & Energy - Self–motivated and driven to succeed, focused on results and passionate about the job.
- Teamwork & Collaboration - Working collaboratively with a group of people in order to accomplish a task or achieve a
- Planning & Organising - Ability to set priorities, goals and time tables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Flexibility & Adaptability - Ability to adapt to changing business needs, cultures, conditions and work responsibilities.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.