What's your new role about?
Do you love sport, 24/7, anytime, anyplace, anywhere? Then come and join the biggest sports broadcaster in the world as an MCR Team Leader.
This is a key role within DAZN MCR where you will be relied on heavily to maintain high technical and operational standards and provide excellent service and value to the end user in a busy, live, IP broadcast environment. Experience in live sports broadcasting is essential.
The day-to-day responsibilities will be to provide seamless outgoing live broadcast streams to all end users and be responsible for the technical monitoring, resolution of issues affecting the channels and reporting. Ensuring all bookings, media and schedules received from incoming sources are processed in a timely manner before events and any on-air irregularities are captured and reported accurately to management. Communicating with company and third party sites in the UK and globally in a professional manner will be expected.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Organising daily team operations and rota
- Provide operational contribution to a service design, implementation and procedurisation as directed, bringing knowledge of the Customers expectations
- Line Management of operational staff to ensure development and progression of the team
- Manage the successful and timely resolution of service related incidents, ensuring that fault conditions are communicated in a timely manner to internal teams, customers and service suppliers. This includes escalations to management
- Consider service up time as high priority
- Ensure reporting is completed to the highest level and continually look for improvements
- Manage weekly incident meetings
- Leading and motivating the team to achieve
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- 5 years’ experience working in a broadcast environment
- Proven ability to lead, organise a team and motivate staff
- Must be familiar with broadcast system standards & measurements, e.g., SD/HD SDI, AES/EBU, MPEG/ASI, MPEG TsoIP, Dolby
- TCP/IP & IP Multicast knowledge desirable
- Should have knowledge of satellite RF systems, and associated technologies, such as DVB-S/S2
- Self-motivated with experiencing in driving goals and motivating people
- Ability to communicate efficiently & effectively
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience in workflow & incident management
- Knowledge and interest in streaming media and consumer grade STBs
- Experience working in a live MCR environment
- Department: Group Operations
- Division: Broadcast Services
- Internal Job Title: MCR Team Leader
- Reports To (title): Broadcast Operations Manager
- Career Level: CL3
- Country and Location: Bangor, Northern Ireland
- Hours of Work: Shift Rotation (Mon - Sun 40 hours)
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
Here's a little more about us…
25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.