What's your new role about?
As a Technical Business Analyst, Playback API at DAZN, you will be responsible for defining, documenting and communicating requirements for Playback API features in an Agile, user-centric and data-driven environment. You will work closely with Product Owners, UX, QA, Development and other stakeholders to scope out requirements and documenting them. You will create user flows, BDD Gherkin tickets, and produce API onboarding documentation for internal and external usage. User stories will be groomed with Development teams, ensuring buy-in and a shared understanding of what should be built before sprints start. During sprints you will advise the delivery team, making sure what is built meets business requirements, and then monitor performance after releases to inform our approach to later iterations and priorities.
You will be working on a global product with the opportunity to shape the next generation video OTT platform to deliver streaming sport (live and on-demand) to a large customer base around the world. Your role will involve working with internal and external development teams located in the UK and nearshore and liaising with production, broadcast, marketing, commercial and technical teams in each of our live and upcoming territories.
See how our Product team is changing the way the world sees sport here
HERE’S WHAT YOU WILL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Work with Product Managers, UX and Development Teams to scope, define and deliver requirements using user flows BDD Gherkin for new Playback API features.
- Define, monitor and react to KPIs and user data for each new feature
- Liaise with Living Room Devices, Mobile and Development teams as well as Customer Service and Ops to ensure each team is well briefed on new features/functionality and Product is made aware of any issues/necessary improvements.
YOU’VE GOT TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO DO YOUR JOB WELL...
- Experience as a technical BA for a B2C or B2B product, delivering features from start to finish in an Agile environment (min. 2 years)
- Strong requirements creation skills writing User Stories/technical tasks and Acceptance Criteria collaboratively in a BDD Gherkin format
- Creation of specifications, user guides, releases notes, and/or instruction manuals
- Creation of UML and user flow diagrams
- KPI tracking experience and drawing conclusions from data
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE TOO...
- Strong communication skills and experience reporting back to senior management
- Strong research skills and experience of competitor analysis
- Technical background/degree
- Work experience in broadcast media, TV platforms, and/or video app development
- Interest in understanding HTML5 video app and TV platform technologies
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development.
- We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- Benefits also include medical insurance, group insurance, Multisport card and flexible working arrangements.
- We have a break room with PlayStation, table soccer, ping-pong table and massage chair.
- You can also enjoy breakfast and fruits throughout the week.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in nine countries. Our goal is to change the world of sport for fans, connecting them & bringing them closer to every aspect of the game. We’re one of the fastest growing sports media companies in the world and as such, work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive environment. We’re passionate about what we do, particularly when it comes to building a great product for our customers. Our Product team works collaboratively with the Engineering team to continue optimizing our OTT Product and serve even more happy customers around the world.
We stream sports to fans directly through DAZN, featuring the widest arry of live and on-demand content ever offered on one platform. We partner with the biggest rights holders across football (Champions League, Europa League, English Premier League, La Liga, Serie A and 25+ more), boxing, Formula 1, NFL, NHL Baseball, Basketball, Rugby, Golf and many more, produce the best content ourselves, and operate some of the world’s biggest digital sports platforms.
If you’re looking to really make your mark on a fast growing global product, this is your chance.