What's your new role about?
Do you love sport, 24/7, anytime, anyplace, anywhere? Then come and join the biggest sports broadcaster in the world as a Senior Transmission Controller!
You will be broadcasting various live sports events, fault free, to the OTT and linear platforms. Managing communications between all our global production facilities as well as direct communications with the platforms.
It is a challenging, dynamic environment but also rewarding, within a mix of traditional broadcast and new media workflows. The ability to work as a team in a busy, ‘live’ department and to adapt to changing business needs, cultures, conditions and work responsibilities is important, and in return you will get an insight into a growing area of Broadcast Technology!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Execute scheduled live events to ensure exact content is broadcast at the correct time
- Monitoring and quality control of all signals in and out of Transmission
- Loading, preparation and transmission of daily playout schedules
- Ensuring all scheduled media is available for playout each day and communication with the relevant channels if anything is missing/incorrect (eg graphics or production)
- Provide first line support of all Transmission services and equipment
- Ability to pre-empt all possible faults and have a plan ready if any of these faults occur
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience working in transmission with knowledge of file based media preparation
- Understanding of broadcast automation systems
- A good understanding of IP protocols and familiar with the technologies and processes of moving around in IP
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Supervisory experience
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience in live sports
- Technical and operational experience with broadcast equipment including routers, waveform monitors, graphics engines, etc
- Working with new media, encoding and streaming technologies
- Familiarity with file delivery workflows
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries.
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories.
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles.
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.