What's your new role about?
Are you fascinated by data and interested in the opportunity to develop new and innovative ways it can be used? Join DAZN’s growing Enterprise Data Management team to gain an intrinsic view of varied and interesting use cases and leverage the data we have to identify opportunities to transform the way DAZN uses data for our global sports streaming platform!
As the EDM team’s Senior Business Analyst & Product Owner, you will provide the thought leadership and direction for the implementation of data as a service ensuring maximum benefit from the data platform. In this role, you will partner with all the data stakeholders and give direction on the choices being made around data ingestion, transformation and visualization.
You will play a pivotal role in understanding the performance of DAZN, ensuring that we continue to improve, and to guide business opportunities by directly influencing the business roadmap with the use of intelligent data decisions. You will work with the Finance, Product, Marketing, Legal and Development teams to shape how customer data is collected and evangelize data in the business, working directly with stakeholders to ensure that data is gathered and organized so that it can be influential.
You will work closely with the Head of EDM to ensure there is high quality data across multiple sources and platforms. This includes customer personal data, service performance data, and service usage information.
If this sounds like an exciting next step in your data focussed career then we would love to hear from you!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Take ownership of the data management strategy for EDM within DAZN, engaging all stakeholders across the business and providing direction in the development of the data roadmap
- Maintain relationships with all the stakeholders understanding their requirements of EDM
- Manage and prioritise the roadmap for the EDM platform
- Ensure that the new data platform meets business requirements
- Evangelise use and sharing of data to support a data driven organisation
- Cooperate with system owners and influence data changes of source systems
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Experience in a fast-paced, data environment
- Proven experience leading successful technology delivery in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment
- Proven experience in shaping data flow patterns across large organisations and multiple data sources
- Good understanding of modern Big Data technologies
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Able to work at both a detail and strategic level
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task with a flexible approach to work with changing deadlines and scope
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data & metrics to back assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Excellent communication, collaboration, negotiation and presentation skills. Able to develop strong working relationships across the business and at senior level
- Experience of business and/or data analysis in a data driven environment
- Strong command of agile development processes and rituals
- Knowledge of the sports or OTT services sector would be beneficial
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understand different cadences and potential use cases of data ingestion e.g. batch, micro-batch, near-real time
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work if you are passionate about technology and want an opportunity to use your creativity to help grow and scale a global range of IT systems, Infrastructure and IT Services. Our cutting edge technology allows us to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience and support a global user base and company infrastructure.
This is an ambitious project with a fast, scalable release cycle. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
We work in small teams and give our people freedom and autonomy when it comes to the work they produce. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a technology community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: http://media.dazn.com