What's your new role about?
From the Champions League to World-class Boxing, the NFL, NBA and F1, DAZN is at the heart of the World’s major sports. Our revolutionary OTT platform is the only place viewers in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Japan, Canada, USA, Spain and Brazil can watch these major leagues and sports in a totally new way.
As the Highlights Supervisor at DAZN, you will play an important role in ensuring the smooth and efficient co-ordination and distribution of assets for the DAZN application – whether it be the planning, producing, editing or delivery of a significant number of Highlights, magazine programming, features, interviews and newsworthy relevant content to support the Live output on the Platform. This role will manage our output centrally using our Leeds teams, but will also be the key point person for our regional teams to ensure delivery of content is on time, consistent in content, in the correct format and meets the obligations of our internal and external stakeholders.
You will be working on a global product with the opportunity to shape a new generation of sports fans via a video OTT platform that streams sport (live and on demand) to customers around the world.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Organising the planning, resourcing and distribution of highlights and other content from various sources and across all Sports for the Platform and other parts of the business.
- Devising new and improving current methods of workflows and editorial structure of edits
- Leading a team of editors and junior production members to deliver the required content to a high standard in a timely, efficient manner. QCing at point of delivery and on the platform.
- Liaising with relevant local teams and the Central team to share workload.
- Troubleshooting any urgent requirements locally and to assist other teams as necessary
- Working alongside the local Chief Editor and Central Governance team to ensure that local targets the global plans for DAZN are carried out as intended.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience of Sport Production and Broadcasting, VOD & Social Content
- Strong editorial skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Authoritative with good organisational skills and keen eye for detail
- Ability to lead, motivate and critique a team of editors and junior team members
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- A willingness to quickly understand and ability to work across a large variety of sports and be prepared to work to a flexible schedule driven by the demands of the sporting schedule.
- Knowledge and experience of non-linear editing systems such as Avid and Adobe, and export and upload processes – hands-on experience of non-linear editing useful.
- Knowledge and experience of file based transfer systems and record systems.
- Good command of English language and strength to concisely describe key story within content