What's your new role about?
The world leader at broadcasting and commercialising sport in digital media. Through industry leading production, technical and commercial solutions, maximises the returns for sports associations, rights holders, football clubs, content publishers, bookmakers, media groups, mobile operators and broadcasters around the world.
We currently stream over 15,000 live events each year and have developed over 240 web, video broadband and mobile sites for clients including the Goal, Tennis Tv,BeinSport,Soccerway, WTA Tour, FIBA, FEI, PSA, FLi ,Wtach and Bet that serve over 17 million monthly unique users.
Owns and operates the leading global sports VOD network which currently streams 40 million on demand sports clips every month through major publisher group websites. Employs 345 staff and has offices in central London, Poland,Slovakia, Holland, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India and the USA.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?
- Working in the Live environment you will be responsible for working with the Application Support team to deliver a high standard of Application Support for all clients across the board, ensuring that all issues are dealt with within the agreed SLA and look to improve the performance of support by being proactive in your approach.
- You will be responsible for working within a team of Web Applicatiom Support Engineers that currently support over 100 products that are driven by our bespoke Content Management System, liaising with the Account ,Project and Duty Engineering Managers to ensure client satisfaction is delivered at all times.
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Work individually, and as a part of a team to troubleshoot and quickly resolve, test and release fixes for customer concerns , preferably in the Support environment.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented software development in PHP is essential
- Experience working in a GIT based version-control environment
- Basic knowledge of UNIX commands and Networking troubleshooting skiis is important.
- A good understanding of markup languages is preferred, but not essential.
- Working with Web Content Management Systems (Joomla, Wordpress etc)
- Communicating with external clients, email and phone.
- Working with a support ticketing system to prioritise the workload (knowledge with Jira and service now an advantage).
- Ability to work in a 24/7 team as part of the shift pattern structure (Includes night shifts).
YOUR FOCUS AREAS:
- Work individually, and as a part of a team to troubleshoot and quickly resolve, test and release fixes for customer concerns
- Communication with 1st line support and ensuring that all relevant key stakeholders are informed of any incidents raised as a result of your monitoring
- Supporting and maintaining the websites that re built , managed and hosted by perform
- Adhere to department policies, procedures, guidelines and best practice initiatives
- Contribute to the team by sharing new ideas and technologies in meetings
- Assisting the Application Support Engineers with web / front end related issues on the platform
- Work closely with account managers to ensure client satisfaction
- Communicate with all relevant areas of the business to ensure client satisfaction
- Able to understand a customization based on looking at the code as well as have the ability to find a solution
- Troubleshooting customizations in a variety of technical languages but typically are built using PHP, Laravel, Zend , HTML, XSLT, CSS, JQUERY, java script, Node.js and SQL.
- A good knowledge of working with databases (MySQL) is preferred
- A good working knowledge of LAMP (Linux/Apache/Tomcat) is preferred
- As and when required, you will also assist with development.
- Ability to support out of hours support calls
- Weekend and Night shift work will be needed in this role
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work if you are passionate about technology and want an opportunity to use your creativity to help grow and scale a global range of IT systems, Infrastructure and IT Services. Our cutting edge technology allows us to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience and support a global user base and company infrastructure.
This is an ambitious project with a fast, scalable release cycle. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
We work in small teams and give our people freedom and autonomy when it comes to the work they produce. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a technology community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: http://media.dazn.com