What's your new role about?
The world leader at broadcasting and commercialising sport in digital media. Through industry leading production, technical and commercial solutions, maximises the returns for sports associations, rights holders, football clubs, content publishers, bookmakers, media groups, mobile operators and broadcasters around the world.
We currently stream over 15,000 live events each year and have developed over 240 web, video broadband and mobile sites for clients including the Goal, Tennis Tv,BeinSport,Soccerway, WTA Tour, FIBA, FEI, PSA, FLi ,Wtach and Bet that serve over 17 million monthly unique users.
Owns and operates the leading global sports VOD network which currently streams 40 million on demand sports clips every month through major publisher group websites. Employs 345 staff and has offices in central London, Poland,Slovakia, Holland, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India and the USA.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?
- Working in the Live environment you will be responsible for working with the Application Support team to deliver a high standard of Application Support for all clients across the board, ensuring that all issues are dealt with within the agreed SLA and look to improve the performance of support by being proactive in your approach.
- You will be responsible for working within a team of Web Applicatiom Support Engineers that currently support over 100 products that are driven by our bespoke Content Management System, liaising with the Account ,Project and Duty Engineering Managers to ensure client satisfaction is delivered at all times.
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Work individually, and as a part of a team to troubleshoot and quickly resolve, test and release fixes for customer concerns , preferably in the Support environment.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented software development in PHP is essential
- Experience working in a GIT based version-control environment
- Basic knowledge of UNIX commands and Networking troubleshooting skiis is important.
- A good understanding of markup languages is preferred, but not essential.
- Working with Web Content Management Systems (Joomla, Wordpress etc)
- Communicating with external clients, email and phone.
- Working with a support ticketing system to prioritise the workload (knowledge with Jira and service now an advantage).
- Ability to work in a 24/7 team as part of the shift pattern structure (Includes night shifts).
YOUR FOCUS AREAS:
- Work individually, and as a part of a team to troubleshoot and quickly resolve, test and release fixes for customer concerns
- Communication with 1st line support and ensuring that all relevant key stakeholders are informed of any incidents raised as a result of your monitoring
- Supporting and maintaining the websites that re built , managed and hosted by perform
- Adhere to department policies, procedures, guidelines and best practice initiatives
- Contribute to the team by sharing new ideas and technologies in meetings
- Assisting the Application Support Engineers with web / front end related issues on the platform
- Work closely with account managers to ensure client satisfaction
- Communicate with all relevant areas of the business to ensure client satisfaction
- Able to understand a customization based on looking at the code as well as have the ability to find a solution
- Troubleshooting customizations in a variety of technical languages but typically are built using PHP, Laravel, Zend , HTML, XSLT, CSS, JQUERY, java script, Node.js and SQL.
- A good knowledge of working with databases (MySQL) is preferred
- A good working knowledge of LAMP (Linux/Apache/Tomcat) is preferred
- As and when required, you will also assist with development.
- Ability to support out of hours support calls
- Weekend and Night shift work will be needed in this role
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.