What's your new role about?
Are you fascinated by the rapidly changing and evolving world of streaming Technology and the future of TV? If you love Technology and are keen to build a vast knowledge in the world of Broadcast media by working on unique, diverse and global challenges then this is the time to get involved with DAZN!
Join DAZN’s growing Live Engineering support team as we embark on a path of dynamic, ambitious growth and scale as we push technical boundaries and continue to transform sports broadcasting with our OTT streaming platform! In this team, you’ll be central to all live video workflows including the engineering support of MCR and PCR operations, OTT streaming, contribution from broadcasters and distribution to broadcast clients.
And it doesn’t stop there, although the primary function is to support the live video platforms this great opportunity also offers design projects, and implementation for workflow and system improvement.
If this sounds like a challenge you would love to get stuck into with a hands-on approach and you want to be part of an enthusiastic group that are constantly striving to improve and develop individually, as a team and for the company – we would love to hear from you!
HERE'S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Supporting our live video platforms to deliver the highest availability of service to our clients.
- Supporting the company’s satellite and fibre acquisition, OTT streaming products, transcode farms, broadcast and CDN distribution.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting our global IP multicast video network.
- Work alongside project engineering and development teams to help deliver major changes and projects.
- Giving engineering governance in the planning of key events and assurance during them.
- Assisting with the configuration, documentation and on-going maintenance of broadcast IT video equipment.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Methodical approach to fault finding.
- A passionate enthusiasm for broadcast/IT engineering.
- Understanding of troubleshooting live video workflows.
- Ability to work a shift-based rota and serve an on-call function.
IT'D BE GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience in working within a live operation based around broadcast/IT systems, contribution and distribution encoding.
- Awareness of future video technologies and trends.
- Scheduling Tools & Automation Tools.
- Satellite and fibre delivery fault analysis.
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work to indulge your passion for Broadcast Media. We are at the cutting edge of streaming technology, allowing us to deliver sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that is pushing the boundaries of Broadcast. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
We work in small teams and give our people freedom and autonomy when it comes to the work that they produce. If you like solving technical problems and being part of new and complex ideas then this is the place to be. We have a Broadcast community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: http://media.dazn.com