What's your new role about?
Help deliver a data transformation programme at a Sports Technology business – Mondays just got interesting…
Having started in 2016, DAZN has grown rapidly and our data capability has done so too, but in an organic way – with teams spread across different parts of the business.
This year we started to consolidate the various technical projects, requirements and initiatives (some of which were already in-flight) being worked on by these teams. By bringing them together, we’ve rationalised, re-prioritised or replaced some of these, in a joined-up way, and across functional boundaries.
From this grew a wider programme of work that includes data governance, data definitions, data validation etc. as well as specific technical projects that will help us to deliver the “data eco-system” we actually need to support our business / revenue objectives, in a properly co-ordinated way.
As we’ve spun up this programme we’ve also identified the need to provide project management support on key work-streams; to support the teams and to guide them towards success.
So, we’re looking for a Project Coordinator to join the team, who enjoys (and understands!) working in a technical environment. Someone who is good at communicating to the wider business (in a non-technical way) and who can help us plan out the various projects, understanding how they relate and depend on each-other.
As you grow into the role, we’d like you to begin driving through change, problem solve with the teams and co-ordinate some of the team’s work, which will make the role a perfect stepping stone into a more senior role.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Develop comprehensive project plans that work from in-house objectives, to identify project elements. Further decomposed those into discrete, deliverable, steps. Identify the resource required to deliver them and summarise at a level of detail required for stakeholders to understand the project.
- Monitor project progress and make appropriate summaries on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables
- Communicate proactively with all involved stakeholders to identify problems, create solutions and implement improvements.
- Document and share the summary conclusions and action items from regular project and programme meetings; follow up with relevant stakeholders to ensure agreed actions are taken.
- Ensure our stakeholder groups understand both the technical requirements and commercial context around any requirements; set and prioritise communications with our various stakeholders to ensure efficient operations and on-time delivery.
- Communicate any issues or delays promptly and clearly, working closely with technical / business stakeholders to identify the root cause and offer solutions / workarounds / mitigation paths.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience of delivering (multiple) projects in a fast-paced and fast-changing environment
- Experience of working in situations where a variety of agile, scrum or waterfall methodologies were used
- Energetic and technically competent personality, with a history of helping your team(s) to solve problems / find alternative options when projects go “off-plan”
- Strong communication skills, with intermediate or advanced proficiency in PowerPoint / Excel
- Proactive attitude to get involved in areas that are important to the project, but which may be over-looked e.g. documentation of data flows or processes as required
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience of working on projects that improved data quality, especially if in an agile environment
- Creating / reporting from Jira / AHA or other cloud issue tracking system
- Organising and leading Scrum ceremonies
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com, Sporting News and Spox.com.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.