What's your new role about?
Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis?
DAZN streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues in various markets including Germany, Italy, Japan, Canada, USA, Spain and Brazil (plus many more!).
We make learning a fundamental part of the job. Our software engineers continually share their expertise with their colleagues and the wider industry. We’re an active part of the technology community and put a strong focus on innovation.
This role is based in Hyderabad, India.
What’s Your New Role About?
- As a software engineer in the Content Discovery backend team, you will be working on the beating heart of the DAZN application itself – the API services powering all content discovery services for our front-end applications across all platforms.
- You will be driven by the challenge of building and maintaining services used by millions of people at once. Services which need to scale from a couple of thousands to millions of concurrent users in a matter of minutes.
- You will work closely with the Product team to create solutions to deliver new and exciting features to the clients.
- This is a great opportunity to develop within a supportive, collaborative team who are always learning from each other and adopt continuous improvement. We're inclusive and encourage everyone to bring their ideas to the table.
- This role is based out of Hyderabad, India
HERE'S WHAT YOU WILL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE IMPORTANT STUFF!)
- Build and maintain scalable microservices, handling thousands of requests per second serving millions of customers
- Build and design features collaboratively with Product Managers, and other Software Engineers
- Own the development, testing, deployment and monitoring of our services end to end
- Be on-call for the services the team owns to provide support outside working hours
- Share knowledge and collaborate with other developers across the business
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience in building microservices
- Need a minimum experience of 4+ years relevant to the Dev/tech stack as per essential skills mentioned.
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with Functions as a Service (AWS Lambda/GCP Cloud Functions/Azure Functions)
- Experience with Terraform (or similar IaC tool)
- Ability to effectively communicate technical ideas to others
- Ability to write testable software
- Ability to take ideas through to delivery
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
DESIRABLE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with AWS and its services
- Experience with maintaining and operating services at high-scale
- Experience with event-driven architectures
- Contributed to open-source projects
OUR TECH STACK (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- New Relic
- Github Actions
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So, if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team,you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
DAZN VALUES – THE ‘HOW’ IN WHAT WE DO:
AMBITIOUS – people who want to make a big impact and drive DAZN forward. People who move fast and make success happen.
INVENTIVE – people with bright ideas who deliver great new experiences for our customers – and improvements for our business. People who come up with better, simpler ways of doing things.
PASSIONATE – people who are proud of our product, out content and our business – and love to shout about it. People who love what they do and show commitment every day.
BRAVE – people who take difficult decisions to help us focus on improving DAZN, our performance and our results. People who will take on challenges no matter what is in front of them.
SUPPORTIVE – people who know that we achieve more as a team than as individuals. People value inclusion and look out for each other, helping their colleagues enjoy their work and develop their careers. People who consider others before making decisions.
At DAZN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values equality and diversity, where everyone can contribute and have their voices heard. This means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities.
Everyone has the opportunity to make change and impact our DEI journey by joining our ERGs: Proud@DAZN, Women@DAZN, Disability@DAZN and ParentZone.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.