What's your new role about?
How often do you get the opportunity to join a growing tax team within an international sports media business and manage its global indirect tax obligations and compliance position?
DAZN is looking for a Global Indirect Tax Compliance Manager to do exactly that. Against the backdrop of an exciting, fast paced start up within the digital space, with a global footprint, you will be able to own reviewing the in-house prepared UK Group VAT Return, and preparing the MOSS return.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Reviewing the in-house prepared UK Group VAT Return, and preparing the MOSS return
- Reviewing global indirect tax returns prepared by third-party outsource providers, and ensuring their timely filing and payment
- Leading indirect tax audits and similar tax authority discussions (alongside third-party advisors as required)
- Managing our internal VAT accounting position, including reviewing monthly balance sheet reconciliations and journals, and ensuring the monthly clearing of VAT accounts
- Reviewing and enhancing existing VAT compliance processes and documentation
- Supporting the VP Indirect Tax with compliance related elements of advisory projects, e.g. new indirect tax registrations and the associated compliance
- Line managing the VAT Analyst, who will report to you
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- CTA and/or ACA/ACCA Qualified
- 5+ years’ experience of VAT compliance management (preferably with a global remit), including the preparation/review of both UK and overseas VAT returns
- Experience of monthly VAT accounting/reconciliations, e.g. ledger experience, account clearing
- A flexible and measured approach to handling a large workload in an environment with rapidly shifting priorities and unpredictable demands
- Experience of reviewing and improving indirect tax compliance and related VAT accounting processes
- Experience of effectively managing external advisers and consultants
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience managing a team
- Experience of Oracle
- Department: Finance
- Internal Job Title: Global Indirect Tax Compliance Manager·
- Reports To (title): VP Indirect Tax
- Career Level: CL4
- Country and Location: Hanover House, Feltham, London
- Hours of Work: Mon - Fri 37.5
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
- Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance and pension contributions up to 5%.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles. The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.