What's your new role about?
Are you a finance expert keen to be involved with the continues scale up of a sports media business in Germany, Austria and Switzerland?
As our finance analyst in territory, you’ll interpret financial results of business KPIs to drive business performance and maximise commercial opportunities across our operations and programming business divisions.
Your broad remit will include budgeting, re-forecasting and reporting/presentations to global stakeholders, driving business performance and maximising return on assets and providing a consultative and influential service to your business partners to help them become more KPI driven.
The opportunities for you as the first person in this role could be endless – the start of an awesome new career journey.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Report platform performance KPIs in line with the given standards and deadlines. Explain deviations in collaboration with the central insights team and the respective business partners.
- Utilise business KPIs to produce Weekly Trading Reports & Weekly Key Fixture Performance reports.
- Assist regional management to evaluate new opportunities & partnerships e.g. analysing cost structures, new supplier contracts and production opportunities.
- Partner with key regional functions including operations & programming and products, regularly reporting & advising on aspects such as platform performance and content delivery through accurate reporting.
- Support the annual budget and regular re-forecast process for the operations and programming division to ensure a strong culture of financial control exists.
- Lead the cost controlling process and ensure departments operate within pre-agreed budgets and forecasts through the implementation and monitoring of appropriate controls and processes.
- Support the year end process to ensure the financial accounts are filed on time inline all local requirements.
- Ensure that all local basic financial operations (PO & Payment Process, Management of Payables & Receivables, Asset register) are running smoothly and support of the financial month end process for the DACH region.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Fluent in German and English
- Experience in a finance role producing reports and analysing large sets of data
- Experience working in a media/ telco, tech or sports environment
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Degree educated or relevant finance qualification
- Finance experience within a fast-growing / global business
- Knowledge of local legal, tax and accounting laws and standards
- Experience working with business intelligence/analytics software e.g. Tableau
- Department: Finance FP&A
- Reports To (title): Head of Finance, European Operations
- Career Level: 2
- Hours of Work: 40
GERMANY BENEFITS INLCUDE...
- 30 days’ annual leave, company festivities, fresh fruit, coffee and other refreshments.
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2500 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.