What's your new role about?
The world of live sports consumption is changing. Fans are now demanding a live sports service that is built around them – a service that offers them the ability to watch the very best live sport on any device, when and where they want and best of all, at an unbelievably low price point. Welcome to DAZN, the world’s leading live OTT sports service.
DAZN Media is the media division of the live sports OTT service DAZN. We are looking for a Head of DAZN+, North America to identify and develop strategic partnerships with publishers, influencers, platforms, content creators and distributors. The purpose of these partnerships is to grow DAZN’s media scale across non-owned and operated channels, driving new ad inventory and opportunities for DAZN advertising partners. You will be responsible for managing a team to deliver a strategy, foster new partnerships and activate campaigns at the highest level. You will understand and have experience in content strategy, business development for media companies, be organized and communicate effectively. Most importantly, you will be passionate about sports and the business of sports media.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Management – Lead the DAZN+ team in North America and a portfolio of strategic partnerships across various external media companies, platforms and distributors
- Strategy & Planning – Work with DAZN Media sales and strategy teams to inform DAZN+ approach for developing new opportunities and growth of ad inventory
- Partnership activation – Own the activation and optimization of these partnerships, ensuring they over deliver against predefined KPIs
- Stakeholder management – Develop a detailed understanding of all stakeholders, the DAZN ecosystem and build relationships across the Marketing organization
- Reporting & Insights – Keep across all partnerships and make sure timely and accurate reports are delivered to all key stakeholders – highlighting key learnings and insights that will ensure we are constantly evolving and progressing our approach
- Leadership – Build a team and culture that reflects our ambitions and ensure everyone is clear in which direction they are pulling and incentivized to deliver and go the extra mile
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Minimum 8 years experience in a senior level business development / strategic partnership role at a media company or digital agency
- Extensive knowledge of the broadcast, digital and sports media industry, including strategic relationships with key decision makers
- The ability to simplify and communicate complex projects, while identifying key priorities and measuring the true value of partnership
- Team management, including setting goals and driving individual performance
- Strong communication skillset, including presentations and leading meetings
- Managing budgets and contractual negotiations
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- You’ll receive up to 15 days of Paid Time OFF (from the start), 9 paid holidays, affordable health benefits (dental and vision included), generous sick time package, competitive parental leave, short and long-term disability paid by the company, basic term life insurance and personal accident insurance paid by the company, 401(k) and a flexible work environment.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development program and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. *Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles. The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.