What's your new role about?
If you are looking to take the next step in your Data and Analytics career then join DAZN’s Product Analytics team! Here, you will take technical ownership and put your Engineering skills to use in supporting our growing Analytics department and gain exposure to key technologies like Snowflake, DBT, Airflow, AWS, Dataiku and Looker.
As Analytics Engineer, you will support the on-going technical delivery of the analytics team’s outputs and play a key role in mentoring data scientists, analysts and engineers in delivering reliable, timely, and consumable insights for business wide applications.
You’ll find cutting edge technology here that supports our sport streaming platform. Big data isn’t a plan for us, it’s the reality – so all our data sets are stored in Snowflake and orchestrated using DBT & Airflow in a 100% cloud-based platform. We also use modern programming languages like Python and strive to deliver self-service analysis using Looker. As DAZN is improving non-stop, we’ll always aim go with the latest trends in data analytics, meaning you’ll constantly get to develop your analytical expertise too.
To keep it simple: You will have the opportunity to play a part in a wide array of projects rooted in DAZN’s unique and exciting data, whilst demonstrating ground-breaking tools and techniques that support our ambitious plans for product development and the company’s rapid global growth to change the way the world watches sport!
If you enjoy building reliable data pipelines, like to review and improve code and are interested in joining the DAZN journey then we would love to hear from you!
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining new and existing modelled data pipelines
- Ensure our ‘Source of Truth’ datasets are stable, accurate and reliable
- Take a lead on overall team code quality with emphasis on SQL & Python
- Design and implement testing frameworks to monitor data quality
- Assist with best practice for development and deployment - packaging, CI / CD, Gitflow
- Drive continuous performance improvements and efficiency savings within our Snowflake data warehouse and wider analytical tooling
- Engage in design sessions to help build new data products for the business
- Deliver projects in an agile, scrum-based environment
HERE ARE SOME SKILLS THAT WILL HELP YOU EXCEL
- Experience working with DBT and Airflow
- Experience of database management, SQL development and Python OOP
- Experience using cloud-based Data Warehouses (Snowflake, Redshift etc)
- Comfortable in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows
- Working knowledge of CI/CD processes
- A good understanding of Data Warehousing concepts and cloud ETL/ELT design patterns (star schemas, de-normalisation, batch vs real-time etc)
- Mentoring junior roles – code reviews / technical workshops / pair programming
- A Team Player – approachable, collaborative and flexible
- You are curious, ambitious and have a high attention to detail
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience working in an agile, scrum-based environment
- Experience working with visualisation tools (Looker)
- Understanding of BI and Data Science principles
Don’t worry if you’ve not done all of the above before – if you have some relevant experience, we’d still love to talk to you!
HERE’S A BIT MORE ABOUT US
- In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in 9 territories, with more on the horizon.
- If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
- This is the perfect place to work if you are passionate about Data and Technology and want an opportunity to use your creativity to help deliver a cutting edge streaming platform that reaches millions of users globally. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies to deliver a seamless user experience and support our global company.
- We work in small teams and give our people freedom and autonomy when it comes to the work they produce, and we have a Data & Analytics community who are here to help!
- Want to join us? Find out more: http://media.dazn.com
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.