What's your new role about?
Here’s a question. How does establishing, leading and developing a top-calibre multisport programming team to be the first ever to launch of a brand-new sports streaming site into our newest European territory sound to you? If this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, keep reading…
As a senior level producer with a love for a broad range of sports, you’ll also take ownership of all aspects of our live and on-demand multisport content that sits on our Spanish platform.
Your knowledge of sports, combined with a creative eye from a background in TV production, technical acumen, strategic leadership and fluent language skills (English and Spanish) will put you in excellent stead to lead and encourage our sports programming team to create awesome content to stream out to our Spanish sports fans.
You’ll have the chance to nurture and promote a high-performing, collaborative and positive environment at our new production facility in Madrid as well as working with the commercial, marketing, publishing and social teams to ensure our content is standout and relevant to our customers.
Not only this, you’ll have the opportunity to travel to other European locations regularly and work with some of the best global talent in the sports media industry.
We'd be grateful if you would please send application documents in English. Thank you.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop the weekly, monthly, and seasonal multisport content output plan
- Oversee, with the assistance of the multisport producers, the production of live events, match highlights, features, interviews, documentaries, and weekly magazines
- Manage the creation and production of content for on and off platform marketing and promotion
- Track production budget and provide monthly budget reporting
- Establish and uphold DAZN production values across all output
- Supervise the booking and scheduling of commentators and talent
- Maintain communication with internal stakeholders to ensure smooth production and delivery
- People management of multisport team, including rotas, holiday, contracts and HR issues
- Train, develop and coach your team
- Work closely with the Head of Programming to oversee the smart utilisation of global resources and identification of potential synergies across wider production business
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Senior level experience in a live TV production environment
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- First rate knowledge of and interest in sport both locally and globally
- Understanding of broadcast technology and workflows
- Commercial acumen and cost management
- Deep knowledge of the sports media industry
- Significant leadership experience, supported by demonstrated track record of management in a growing business
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- A thorough understanding of the production surrounding world feeds for sport
- A good understanding of the technical processes involved in live sports broadcasting and program production (short and long form)
- Understanding of content production for OTT distribution
- Understanding of content management systems and delivery of media
- We’re currently working on our benefits package, but this will include 30 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere.
- Department: DAZN
- Type: Permanent
- Reports To: Head of Sport Spain
- Career Level: CL4
- Location: Madrid - Spain
- Hours of Work: 40
- Line Management Responsibility: yes
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in 5 territories, with more on the horizon.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and with expertise from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is available in US, Canada, Germany, Japan, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and Austria on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.