What's your new role about?
DAZN is one of the fastest growing streaming media services (OTT - Over The Top) companies in the world and streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries. Since we launched in 2016, we have streamed more than 600 million hours of content!
Do you want the creative freedom to make the product something you’re proud to show others? The Frontend teams are given the autonomy over the software built and provided and the power to select the right tool for the job to build a modern, scalable and resilient platform.
Is your current job allowing you to become better at your craft or just lengthening your years in the industry? Whether it's learning to speak at events, cross-training across the stack, learning to develop tools for other teams or gaining knowledge and ideas from some of the great minds we have here – you’ll always be getting better at DAZN.
We are looking for a frontend engineer to join our Mr Wolf Team.
You have a good amount of experience working with React on front-end projects and have a passion for creating great user experiences. You have previous leading experience in your team and enjoy helping other to learn, especially through pairing and coaching. You're keen to learn new skills and acquire or maintain a breadth of expertise across tech domains.
About your team
Teams are typically made up of around 5-8 Engineers, a Product Manager, Scrum Master and an Engineering manager. Our team are a group from various and diverse backgrounds, we don’t have any hierarchy within the team as everyone brings something different and has different experiences and knowledge
Mr. Wolf team are responsible for delivering the sections of the web application that allow our final customers to browse and enjoy the amazing content offered by DAZN. We support remote working, the only requirement is to be able to come to our London office occasionally for any meetings, design sessions or maybe just to socialise (once the pandemic is over and we would be able to socialise again).
The essentials for you!
- Location:remote with ideally 1 day per fortnight in the Hammersmith office
- Industry:Live-Streaming Service
- Global Engineering Size:300+
Some examples of the main activities:
- Deliver high quality, robust and testable code adhering to internal engineering procedures, code conventions and development methodologies
- Contribute to comprehensive documentation that supports the development and support life cycles
- Continually improve software deployment to ensure iterative releases and rapid deployment of updates
- Experience optimising web applications including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility
- Worked on large-scale front-end web applications
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers to help them deliver compelling user-facing products
- Share knowledge with other developers across the business
- Constantly seek out opportunities to improve our products
You'll need to have these essentials
- React.js & state management
- Experience of CI / CD, and testing approaches such as TDD.
- Understanding of all aspects of software delivery (from designing to development, code review, testing, and operations)
- Track record of successful software delivery through all phases of development, code reviews, testing, and operations
- Ability to effectively communicate technical ideas to other
- Collaboration with product managers and designers
- Working in an agile environment
- Pragmatic application of design patterns
It would be great if you had these desirable skills/experience too
- Lead and mentored juniors
- Experience with AWS and its services
- Experience with New Relic monitoring tool
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.