What's your new role about?
Are you looking to become a Video Architect in a team of experts within the business dealing with all matters relating from acquisition and creation, through production, broadcast to playback?
If yes, read on.
We are DAZN, the world of sport streaming business. Working in this team gives you the opportunity to stretch your wings, learn new skills and deliver things that have never been done before. You don’t need a passion for sport, but a passion for working on innovative projects, challenging problems, and producing elegant solutions is important to us. No one in the team is in a competition, we all aim to support each other and so overlapping occasionally to someone else’s area is encouraged. In this team we listen to each other, we throw ideas into the ring and see what works best.
This role is based in London, Hammersmith office.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Video Architect, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Working on video solutions to the evolving requirements from Product, Commercial and Operations teams
- Reviewing technical performance of the product and operations to assist in understanding the platform
- Identifying opportunities for improvement or issues to be resolved based on evidence/data
- Exploring new opportunities for content delivery with partners and commercial teams
- Working with suppliers on existing technology deployments and future technologies
- Ensuring the high availability of the platform while also ensuring security and revenue protection
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Experience in architecting, or implementing, complex, media based systems and workflows
- Experience with high availability systems and resilient architecture
- A good knowledge and experience of DRM, entitlements and rights management systems
- A strong understanding of adaptive bitrate streaming technologies, including DASH and HLS, optionally Smooth
- A good understanding of media playback on devices, including ExoPlayer and HTML5 (EME/MSE)
- An appreciation of media delivery via CDNs and optionally via Multicast IPTV
- A good appreciation of content metadata: such as Rights & Scheduling, EPG, event/fixture information, geographic/rights restrictions, etc.
- A good understanding of cloud architecture and patterns
Even better if you have:
- Experience of smart TV application environments
- Experience of video ad insertion, especially on Live streams using SCTE markers
- Experience with production & broadcast technologies
- Experience with large scale professional AV installations (e.g. sports venues, hotels, etc)
- Ability to understand and deep dive media playback issues on Android and/or other platforms
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.