What's your new role about?
Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis?
DAZN streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues in 9 markets including Germany, Italy, Japan, Canada, USA, Spain and Brazil (more to come). Since we launched 2 years ago we have streamed more than 300 million hours of content!
We are looking for Backend Engineers who are passionate about building a modern, scalable and resilient platform.
We give you autonomy over the software you build and offer you the freedom to choose the right tool for the job. In return, we expect you to take ownership of the systems you build, and that means:
- You're responsible for the operational health of your services
- You're empowered and encouraged to fix operational issues (i.e. there will be space for improvement work and bug fixes in the sprints)
We are using a microservices architecture and everything is hosted in AWS.
We use a combination of both containers as well as serverless, and many managed AWS services including DynamoDB, API Gateway, ECS, Lambda and much more.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Development and delivery of the backend API of our DAZN product, developing new features and launching new platforms
- Deliver high quality, robust and testable code adhering to internal engineering procedures, code conventions and development methodologies
- Contribute to comprehensive documentation that supports the development and support lifecycles
- Work to continually improve software deployment to ensure iterative releases and rapid deployment of updates to our customers across all platforms
- Support other developers with their day-to-day work
- Monitor system performance and resolve any issues or failures in staging or production environments
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Knowledge of NodeJS (at least basics)
- Familiarity with Cloud Technologies and concepts (services/tools)
- Knowledge of relational databases (RDS)
- Experience designing and building Rest API’s
- Knowledge of Asynchronous processing (Queues/Multithreading/Multiprocessing)
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Knowledge of AWS and services such as: S3, ECS, DynamoDB, SQS, EC2, API Gateway.
- Exposure to Infrastructure as a code (experience with Terraform/CloudFormation)
- Knowledge of basic design patterns (queuing, integration)
- Familiarity with Scrum/Agile
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development.
- We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- Benefits also include medical insurance, group insurance, Multisport card and flexible working arrangements.
- We have a break room with PlayStation, table soccer, ping-pong table and massage chair.
- You can also enjoy breakfast and fruits throughout the week.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.