What's your new role about?
Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis?
If you like solving technical problems, this is the place to be.
Our tech works seamlessly, 24/7, and is cutting-edge, scalable and resilient. Our people are dedicated, flexible and fast-moving, rising to every challenge that streaming to a global audience of fans brings.
We make learning a fundamental part of the job. Our industry-leading experts continually share their expertise with their colleagues and the wider industry. We host lightning talks, brown bag sessions, hackathons and more, and you’ll see our people speaking at conferences and events around the world. We’re an active part of the technology community, and put a strong focus on innovation.
Lateral thinking and innovation aren’t just encouraged here. They’re essential.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Development and delivery of the backend API of our DAZN product, developing new features and launching new platforms
- Deliver high quality, robust and testable code adhering to internal engineering procedures, code conventions and development methodologies
- Design architecture for new features along with architects
- Contribute to comprehensive documentation that supports the development and support lifecycles
- Work to continually improve software deployment to ensure iterative releases and rapid deployment of updates to our customers across all platforms
- Support other developers with their day-to-day work
- Monitor system performance and resolve any issues or failures in staging or production environments
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Commercial experience working in a cloud-based environment (AWS / Microsoft Azure / Google Cloud)
- Knowledge of relational databases (i.e. DynamoDb) and non relational databases (i.e. MongoDB)
- Experience designing and building Rest APIs
- Knowledge of microservices architecture and design
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Knowledge of AWS and services such as S3, ECS, DynamoDB, SQS, EC2, API Gateway
- Exposure to Infrastructure as a code (experience with Terraform / CloudFormation)
- Knowledge of TypeScript
- Knowledge of Node.js design patterns such as dependency injection / inversion of control
- Experience with Docker
- Familiarity with Scrum / Agile
- Development opportunities (knowledge sharing, mentorship programme, online Learning Zone and others)
- Private medical and dental cover (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life insurance
- MyBenefit platform (thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Flexible working arrangements, 1-hour lunch break incl. in working day
- Wellbeing initiatives
- High-end laptops (Macs or Windows)
- For more information on our perks and benefits please visit our Careers page.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories. You can subscribe to our global service at www.dazn.com
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.