What's your new role about?
Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis?
DAZN streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues in 9 markets including Germany, Italy, Japan, Canada, USA, Spain and Brazil (more to come). Since we launched 2 years ago we have streamed more than 300 million hours of content!
We are looking for Backend Engineers who are passionate about building a modern, scalable and resilient platform.
We give you autonomy over the software you build and offer you the freedom to choose the right tool for the job. In return, we expect you to take ownership of the systems you build, and that means:
- You're responsible for the operational health of your services
- You're empowered and encouraged to fix operational issues (i.e. there will be space for improvement work and bug fixes in the sprints)
We are using a microservices architecture and everything is hosted in AWS.
We use a combination of both containers as well as serverless, and many managed AWS services including DynamoDB, API Gateway, ECS, Lambda and much more.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Development and delivery of the backend API of our DAZN product, developing new features and launching new platforms.
- Deliver high quality, robust and testable code adhering to internal engineering procedures, code conventions and development methodologies
- Contribute to comprehensive documentation that supports the development and support lifecycles
- Will work to continually improve software deployment to ensure iterative releases and rapid deployment of updates to our customers across all platforms
- Mentoring and supporting other developers with their day-to-day work
- Monitor system performance and resolve any issues or failures in staging or production environments
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Knowledge of NodeJS (at least basics)
- Familiarity with Cloud Technologies and concepts (services/tools)
- Knowledge of relational databases (RDS)
- Experience designing and building Rest API’s
- Knowledge of Asynchronous processing (Queues/Multithreading/Multiprocessing)
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Knowledge of AWS and services such as: S3, ECS, DynamoDB, SQS, EC2, API Gateway.
- Exposure to Infrastructure as a code (experience with Terraform/CloudFormation)
- Knowledge of basic design patterns (queuing, integration)
- Familiarity with Scrum/Agile
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development.
- We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- Benefits also include medical insurance, group insurance, Multisport card and flexible working arrangements.
- We have a break room with PlayStation, table soccer, ping-pong table and massage chair.
- You can also enjoy breakfast and fruits throughout the week.
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work for passionate and creative engineers. We use a very modern tech stack to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. The architecture of DAZN is based on Micro Frontends and unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that has scalability not only from a user point of view but also from a developer perspective. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
Our engineers work in small teams and are given freedom and autonomy when it comes to the code that they write. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: https://engineering.dazn.com/