What's your new role about?
We’re currently looking for an experienced Software Engineering Manager to build and grow teams that will deliver and operate live large-scale services that augment our user's experience.
You will have experience in promoting an environment of freedom, trust, and responsibility, preparing and enabling your teams to excel on LiveOps, promote data-driven delivery decisions, and help engineering teams remain aligned with the business in an Agile environment.
You will monitor the projects’ delivery ensuring your teams successfully get their craft into production. You will know when to step in and when to let the team learn from their own mistakes – be a servant leader. You will be a proven Coach and Mentor, able to grow each of your team members. As a leader, you will champion discussions across the whole DAZN as part of community-based sharing groups.
As part of the Ingest Engineering Team, you will lead, support and oversee our efforts in creating metadata flows, which power a number of DAZN critical services with necessary data and ensure their seamless functioning.
With our cloud-based solutions, we push millions of messages through our pipelines every day so that our customers are served with the best user experience possible.
We are live globally and are determined in our continued efforts to remain a leader in the streaming community. Are you ready to have your work impact millions daily and change the OTT landscape?
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF):
- Develop team members through goals, appraisals, 1:1s, mentoring and coaching
- Making delivery-focused decisions to ensure we meet our commitments
- Create a culture of freedom and responsibility that shines through robust on-time delivery and LiveOps
- Drive engineering excellence across engineering teams by supporting modern software engineering practices, robustness and Continuous Delivery
- Champion community-based discussions
- Recruitment and induction
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Previous experience of managing engineers
- Strong background as a Software Engineer and still be very technical
- Demonstrable experience of growing and motivating team members
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with people at all seniority levels
- Ability to prioritise under pressure in a range of situations
- Expert understanding of Agile methodologies
- Ability to handle conflict effectively
- An innovative, flexible, calm and proactive approach
- Fluent in English
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience with managing budgets
- Strong team working with experience influencing across a matrix organisation
- Experience of release level planning
- Development opportunities (knowledge sharing, mentorship programme, online Learning Zone and others)
- Private medical and dental cover (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life insurance
- MyBenefit platform (thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Flexible working arrangements, 1-hour lunch break incl. in working day
- Wellbeing initiatives
- High-end laptops (Macs or Windows)
- For more information on our perks and benefits please visit our Careers page.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.