What's your new role about?
Goal needs a great mind that loves football to join us. We’re looking for a chief editor to lead our Goal France edition and create world-class content through editorial, social media, video and audio.
We seek a dynamic and progressive chief editor for Goal France who will manage the day-to-day operations of the website.
You will be a native French speaker, or fully fluent in French both written and spoken, who will be based at our office in either London or Leeds.
This is a key position within the Goal network and we are looking for someone with a strong knowledge of editorial, video, social and SEO strategy who will have a crucial role in the growth of the world’s biggest football website.
The Goal France chief editor will drive consistency in workflows and structure and deliver a high standard of coverage by developing and communicating a clear strategy.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build their own freelance editorial team and will work closely with Goal’s Paris St-Germain correspondent for the benefit of Goal France and the wider network.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Manage and oversee growth of Goal France by developing a clear and concrete strategy, utilising Goal’s dedicated Paris St-Germain correspondent and a team of multi-skilled freelance contributors.
- Co-ordinate all output planning; focusing on the key Goal pillars of editorial, SEO, social and video.
- Manage the editorial tasks, workflows, budgeting and payments within pre-approved monthly budget.
- Create, develop and assign content in collaboration with the Goal France team and with the other regional and worldwide reporters and editions.
- Analyse traffic results and reports to help inform editorial decision-making.
- Meet agreed traffic targets for UUs, PVs, video streams, App visits and social engagement on various platforms.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Minimum five years of journalistic experience, including online.
- Native French speaker, or fully fluent in French both written and spoken, and proficient in English.
- Excellent news sense and journalistic instinct, with expertise in French and world football.
- Strong communication skills, ability to manage remote teams.
- Proven management proficiency and knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to influence and present to people on all levels.
- Commercial acumen and a data-driven mindset. You’ll have a strong working knowledge of Google Analytics, as well as a good understanding of SEO and social media, and appreciate their importance in the modern publisher’s toolkit.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Knowledge of and ability to cater for commercial requirements.
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- *Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
- Department: Goal editorial (French)
- Internal Job Title: Chief Editor - Goal France
- Reports To: International Managing Editor
- Career Level: CL3
- Country and Location: UK, London [Hammersmith] or Leeds [White Rose]
- Hours of Work: 37.5hrs Mon-Sun
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.