What's your new role about?
Goal needs a great mind that loves football to join us. We’re looking for a chief editor to lead our Goal France edition and create world-class content through editorial, social media, video and audio.
We seek a dynamic and progressive chief editor for Goal France who will manage the day-to-day operations of the website.
You will be a native French speaker, or fully fluent in French both written and spoken, who will be based at our office in either London or Leeds.
This is a key position within the Goal network and we are looking for someone with a strong knowledge of editorial, video, social and SEO strategy who will have a crucial role in the growth of the world’s biggest football website.
The Goal France chief editor will drive consistency in workflows and structure and deliver a high standard of coverage by developing and communicating a clear strategy.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build their own freelance editorial team and will work closely with Goal’s Paris St-Germain correspondent for the benefit of Goal France and the wider network.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Manage and oversee growth of Goal France by developing a clear and concrete strategy, utilising Goal’s dedicated Paris St-Germain correspondent and a team of multi-skilled freelance contributors.
- Co-ordinate all output planning; focusing on the key Goal pillars of editorial, SEO, social and video.
- Manage the editorial tasks, workflows, budgeting and payments within pre-approved monthly budget.
- Create, develop and assign content in collaboration with the Goal France team and with the other regional and worldwide reporters and editions.
- Analyse traffic results and reports to help inform editorial decision-making.
- Meet agreed traffic targets for UUs, PVs, video streams, App visits and social engagement on various platforms.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Minimum five years of journalistic experience, including online.
- Native French speaker, or fully fluent in French both written and spoken, and proficient in English.
- Excellent news sense and journalistic instinct, with expertise in French and world football.
- Strong communication skills, ability to manage remote teams.
- Proven management proficiency and knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to influence and present to people on all levels.
- Commercial acumen and a data-driven mindset. You’ll have a strong working knowledge of Google Analytics, as well as a good understanding of SEO and social media, and appreciate their importance in the modern publisher’s toolkit.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Knowledge of and ability to cater for commercial requirements.
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- *Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
- Department: Goal editorial (French)
- Internal Job Title: Chief Editor - Goal France
- Reports To: International Managing Editor
- Career Level: CL3
- Country and Location: UK, London [Hammersmith] or Leeds [White Rose]
- Hours of Work: 37.5hrs Mon-Sun
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in five territories, with more on the horizon.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and with expertise from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is available in US, Canada, Germany, Japan, Italy, Switzerland and Austria on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.
To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com