What's your new role about?
We are going to change sports media forever, by putting the consumer first, providing more sport, no long-term contract and a single low monthly fee. As the most senior member of the DAZN Operations team in Japan, you will play a vital role in giving our Japanese customers an excellent customer experience, including ensuring our key sporting events are delivered with the readiness you would expect. You will need to manage the critical operational incidents / issues effectively, stop them re-occurring, and communicate effectively with our key stakeholders. A vital part of the role will be to manage the operational relationships with J League and all of DAZN’s partners in Japan. This will require you to work with other parts of the Operations team, Customer Services, Marketing, Product, Commercial, Technical and external partners.
Main Purpose of Role
Deliver an excellent customer experience to our Japanese customers by delivering industry leading operations and quality of service, appropriate to live TV sport in Japan
You are responsible for maintaining excellent working relationships with DAZN’s Japanese customer service and other operational and commercial partners; and for ensuring operational processes (hand-offs to partners, incident management) are effective.
To do this you must be a sports enthusiast who understands what is important to fans and translate this into the right customer experience through excellent and cost effective operational processes and leadership
You know how to build and get others to follow effective operational processes that resonate. Additionally, you will have excellent account management skills to identify and manage key operational challenges with our Japanese operational partners
Working with your customer service, content, product and marketing colleagues in Japan and the UK, you will support the delivery of game changing operational delivery for DAZN, the live sports streaming service.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Lead and manage those critical customer impacting incidents of live & VOD sport issues in Japan plus other global DAZN territories
- As the critical operational link in Japan, ensure our management of incidents, operational problems and change, across DAZN’s Japanese internal and external teams, supports an excellent quality of service
- Provide excellent communication concerning Japanese operational issues to key stakeholders in Japan and the UK, including DAZN’s key Japanese commercial partners
- Manage operational processes between DAZN and our operational partners in Japan
- Identify any key Ops issues and helping to resolve these internally and with partners
- Ensure that internal teams and partners capture operational data and information to the highest quality levels, to facilitate exceptional reporting and root cause analysis
- Contribute to the building of the right SLAs internally and externally, appropriate to delivering live sport in Japan to the highest standards
- Contribute to producing post incident reports on all incidents with appropriate action plans that will resolve root causes
- Contribute to monthly status reports and actions plans for improvements, through identifying key customer experience issues in Japan concerning DAZN
- Ensure operational change into the live environment has the appropriate sign-offs by key stakeholders in Japan, so as to ensure delivery is successful with minimal failures
- Liaise regularly with customer service, product, supplier, technical teams, the J League and other partners to deliver to their needs
- Put Japan’s customer’s first through being an advocate of the customer and driving DAZN to the highest levels of quality
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Operational management of incidents and problems within a streaming/Live/VOD environment
- Operational account / partnership management across vendors and partners within a streaming/Live/VOD environment. You will need to develop close working relationships with local representatives in the UK and in local markets
- Managing / working exceptionally closely with a VOD/Streaming customer service function
- Measuring operational performance against internal quality targets and competitor benchmarks
- Driving operational improvement
- Representing the operational view at an executive level
- Working in a fast-paced environment with a unique culture: we have a start-up mentality whilst being part of a global organisation
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Knowledge of the sports media and OTT industries
- Additional language skills
- Experience overseas or for international companies
- Experience working in a publishing or digital agency environment
- Previous experience of industry tools such as Conviva, Service Now
HERE’S A BIT MORE ABOUT US
- In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in 7 territories, with more on the horizon.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and with expertise from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify,Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is available in Spain, USA, Brazil Canada, Germany, Japan, Italy, Switzerland and Austria on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.
Here's a little more about us…
Social security included (Health care insurance, Employee pension scheme, Employment insurance, Labour personal accident insurance)
Annual Health Exams
Annual paid leave of 15 days (pro-rated depending on the start date)
Sick leave up to 7 days
Relo club employee benefit package - (access to more than 50,000 services such as discounts in sports clubs, leisure facilities and physical exams)
Company doctor (monthly inspection of office as well as stress check)
Discount for every drink in office vending machines
Free subscription on DAZN
Access to free tickets for every J-league game and occasionally for other sports
Paid commuting allowance up to 30,000 yen a month
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.