What's your new role about?
DAZN is one of the fasting growing OTT companies in the world and stream over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries
Since we launched in 2016, we have streamed more than 600 million hours of content!
This is a fantastic new opportunity to join our diverse global network project team. As a network implementation engineer, you will design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN), delivering technical expertise to the Global Support Teams for incidents, problems, changes, and service requests, while also providing support to the Network Architecture team in the successful delivery of new technologies and network developments.
You will be responsible for low level designs and the implementation of new projects supporting and maintaining the highest levels of service and availability within our large global network, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and other data communications systems. You will be expected to have a solid understanding of Cisco and Checkpoint products alongside an in-depth knowledge of routing protocols and VPN’s.
Reporting into the Head of Broadcast Platforms and the Principal Network Engineer you will join a team based across the UK.
This role is based in either our Office in Feltham or Hammersmith, with a mixture of home working available.
The internal job title is Senior Network Engineer and after a period of becoming proficient with our network, will require to work in the design and implementation of functional network infrastructure.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Senior Network Engineer Network Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Provide Technical expertise to existing support teams, including training and knowledge transfer of new projects.
- Aid with the resolution of incidents, problems of new implemented solutions
- Support successful fulfilment of network projects and services requests within agreed timelines.
- Analyse technical needs, requirements, and state of the network’s infrastructure design, integration, and operations.
- Maintain complete technical documentation
- Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
- Communicate the value of the network to the organisation and support business cases for technology investments and strategic design requests. Support successful design / fulfilment of network projects and services requests within agreed timelines.
- Establish governing principles for network design and deployment.
- Work with technical management to architect networks that effectively reflect business needs, service-level and availability requirements, and other technology parameters.
- Participate in selection of networking technologies and products for implementation
- Lead teams of other network engineers in developing detailed designs and quality-control mechanisms during implementation.
- Continually update understanding of business and technology status and objectives and respond to strategic design requests as the business evolves.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Strong demonstrable experience in supporting, maintaining, and developing a complex Cisco routing and switching network environment.
- Previous demonstrable experience in supporting and maintaining Checkpoint firewalls.
- Experience configuring and support load balancing technologies within a production network environment (F5, Radware).
- Experience within a network design and implementation role.
- Supporting, maintaining and developing a complex Cisco routing and switching network.
- Technical awareness of Cisco Nexus and IOS.
- Knowledge of Stacking, VPC, VSS and VRF technology.
Even better if you have:
- CCNP or higher certification.
- Previous experience in development and maintenance of Solarwinds network monitoring solution.
- Previous exposure within a multicast video environment.
- Previous experience in performing physical networking implementation and support within a Data Centre environment
- Previous exposure to SD-WAN solutions such as Silverpeak.
- ITIL foundation or higher certification.
- Previous experience working within a Media environment; including Global Video Distribution would be beneficial.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.