What's your new role about?
WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
As our Senior Product Manager, you will be involved in the definition and continuous development of our digital video service globally across PC, mobile, tablets, game consoles, connected TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes. You will collaborate with teams across product, broadcast operations, finance, commercial and the executive team to define and deliver a product roadmap for the DAZN live video experience.
Based on strategic priorities, customer feedback, marketplace trends and user research, the product roadmap will be shaped by your personal creativity, tenacious attitude and data-driven, analytical mindset. You will be able to evidence strong product management skills as well as domain experience around presentation and delivery of live video.
In this brand new and varied role, you will have the opportunity to not only grow your strategic leadership skills but also play a pivotal and hand-on role on the delivery side as our product evolves and is launched into new global territories.
Regrettably, we are unable to provide sponsorship for this role so you must be eligible to work in the UK on a permanent basis.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Define and own the development of a state of the art video pipeline to serve the variety of languages and video formats DAZN requires to deliver thousands of live events every week
- Own the roadmap for new video delivery mechanisms to deliver strategic deliverables such as HDR, high frame rates and UHD.
- Define product goals, KPIs, and requirements in an agile environment by understanding and prioritising end-user and business stakeholder needs to develop a strategy for deploying best in market video playback for live sport. Create statements of work, write PR/FAQs, write user stories and test cases to inform architecture, product development and QA.
- Analyse product performance and customer feedback. Assess customer needs and areas of innovation as it relates to video and audio playback. Prioritise fixes and new features that respond to customer needs and market opportunities. Iterate continuously on feature and functional enhancements.
- Manage the product backlog and roadmap as well as the priorities of architecture, engineering, internal partners, and third-party vendors to deliver effective and timely solutions while balancing technical dependencies, resourcing and other constraints.
- Closely collaborate with technical leadership to drive the roadmap for video playback.
- Partner with other product managers to align user experience to deliver cross-platform features and capabilities.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Evidence of experience in working on the end to end OTT video pipeline, from signal or content acquisition through to encoding and streaming technologies.
- Hands-on experience with live streaming and/or on-demand delivery
- Strong command of agile development processes and rituals.
- Excellent program organisation, product management, and coordination skills.
- Driven by personal insight, analytics, customer viewing trends and habits, and use these to drive continuous improvements of the product and create competitive advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLES TOO
- A degree, MBA or equivalent qualification, relevant ongoing training and development
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in nine countries. Our goal is to change the world of sport for fans, connecting them & bringing them closer to every aspect of the game. We’re one of the fastest growing sports media companies in the world and as such, work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive environment. We’re passionate about what we do, particularly when it comes to building a great product for our customers. Our Product team works collaboratively with the Engineering team to continue optimizing our OTT Product and serve even more happy customers around the world.
We stream sports to fans directly through DAZN, featuring the widest arry of live and on-demand content ever offered on one platform. We partner with the biggest rights holders across football (Champions League, Europa League, English Premier League, La Liga, Serie A and 25+ more), boxing, Formula 1, NFL, NHL Baseball, Basketball, Rugby, Golf and many more, produce the best content ourselves, and operate some of the world’s biggest digital sports platforms.
If you’re looking to really make your mark on a fast growing global product, this is your chance.